No announcement yet.

'93 Jeep Grand Cherokee In-Dash LCD Fab Questions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '93 Jeep Grand Cherokee In-Dash LCD Fab Questions

Hey, I've been surfing this forums and realized that an in-dash lcd fab isn't that hard so I've been considering it. I've been thinking about fabricating the 7"-8" Lilliput in the red area in this picture:

I'm worried that removing the AC controls is a bad move, but it seems like thats the best place. I don't want to to put it in the area of the head unit/vents to avoid the AC controls, but I have a head unit kit already fabricated up there so I'd rather just get rid of the AC panel. I could always just mount it on top of the dash with the included mount, but I think a in-dash fab would be a nice project.

Thanks, let me know the best plan of attack for this job.

I jsut shifted my ac controls down.. and fabed a bezel for those.. with bondo most anything is possible

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

dude that ac control is bolted down all the way to the back. it will take alot of modding to get it down. yet its possible. but the way i see it..your losing your ac vents anyway. go ahead with the radio ac vents and leave ac controls alone trust me it will look better. and you can relocate a headunit to the information center in the bottom. good luck
      i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!