slightly OT - big scratches in textured plastic dashboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slightly OT - big scratches in textured plastic dashboard

I am a freelance engineer/machinist/welder by trade. When I can't use the wife's truck to pick up steel, I have to make due, and sometimes transport steel in my Hyundai Accent. Well, I was sliding a long piece of steel up and put a nasty scratch in the dashboard.

The dash is made from what I believe is a flexible vinyl, I'm not entirely sure. It's slightly squishy...definately not hard plastic.

Anybody have any suggestions for how to repair such a stupid mistake?

-Jacob
    PS-If this topic is too Off topic, I apologize.

A pic would help but off the top of my head if it is in fact vinyl. I would check with a local upholstery shop like the kind that puts in afterarket leather seats in cars they use a lot of vinyl and could probably do a repair for a decent price.

Comment

If the scratch is in a vinyl cover, then you'd likely need to replace the vinyl. Or you could try and find the same OEM part on Ebay or a junkyard if you opposed to the stealership.
      Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
      Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
      Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
      CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
      NINe.2X, NINe.2

Comment

there was a few year ago companies that would come out and repair dashes, fill holes where phone kits had been thing like that and colour match them. try searching google

Comment

Working...
        X