No announcement yet.

overhead console??

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overhead console??

i want to make an overhead console to put an extra screen i have laying around. what would be the best way to go about doing this?

that's not my car, but the same headliner. i currently don't have the opening in mine.

i think some sort of flip down would be cool also, especially if i could carpet it so when closed it would be completly hidden.

any input from the pros??

Well iwas all about helping yah till you said pros so anyways i would make a mold from MDF or cardboard or something like that and then cover in Fiberglass and bondoit to the shape yah want then paint or carpet!
    1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

Car PC

I would cut a hole just wide enogh for the screen, then tuck it up as much as practical & facing rearward..... bracket this to the steel header, phase 1 done...

phaze 2 becomes building a housing/cover.... can't know what needs to be done really until phase 1 is completed....

I've done several front overheads this way.... always works out nice... it helps if you want perfect, to take the headliner out... gives you much better mounting options & helps with perfect placement....
      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

anyone else have input on this??

i'm thinking this is my next project if i can figure out how to do it!