overhead console??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overhead console??

i want to make an overhead console to put an extra screen i have laying around. what would be the best way to go about doing this?

that's not my car, but the same headliner. i currently don't have the opening in mine.

i think some sort of flip down would be cool also, especially if i could carpet it so when closed it would be completly hidden.

any input from the pros??

Well iwas all about helping yah till you said pros so anyways i would make a mold from MDF or cardboard or something like that and then cover in Fiberglass and bondoit to the shape yah want then paint or carpet!
    Cars
    1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

Car PC
    Planning

Comment

I would cut a hole just wide enogh for the screen, then tuck it up as much as practical & facing rearward..... bracket this to the steel header, phase 1 done...

phaze 2 becomes building a housing/cover.... can't know what needs to be done really until phase 1 is completed....

I've done several front overheads this way.... always works out nice... it helps if you want perfect, to take the headliner out... gives you much better mounting options & helps with perfect placement....
      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

anyone else have input on this??

i'm thinking this is my next project if i can figure out how to do it!

Comment

Working...
        X