Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my screen!!!! Please help

Hi,

I just received my Lilliput 629 7" Touch Screen and I seriously need some help!

I have been lookin over this forum and I see that there seems to be a ton of different ways people are fabricating casings for their screens. Could some please help me with the pros and cons of the different methods.

I have a 1997 Lexus ES 300. The center console is black plastic. I was thinking maybe i could just get a piece of that and cut it to fit the screen...

I have attached a pic of the center console in my car. Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

slevytam
    Attached Files

Well you good take that top section after the climate controls, in the ducts and hazard button and relocate that else where. That would be a pretty good spot I'd think.

Comment

As for asking what to use to fabricate. Use the screen bezzell that came with the screen. Take apart the screen and just work with the front shroud for now. You may have to trim it down some and will have to bondo to it.

It's really hard to explain with just words. I'd suggest looking around and getting a better understanding about what goes into fabricating your screen to fit into your dash. You can also check out my web page for pictures of my screen fabrication process. It might give you a better idea about what you are about to get yourself into and give you some ideas.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the replies... I would like to remove the cd player and place the screen in there.... It should fit without any problems I would think :S

I will have an amplifier connected to the carputer for my sound

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the the same type of black plastic that is used on the console?

Thanks,

slevytam

Comment

it's not really something that you buy

but you might consider ABS plastic

why are you needing it?

are you wanting to use that for your molding or what?
          Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I was kinda thinking i could get a hold of a piece, cut holes in it for the buttons and shape it so it would find it to the console.... (Good/Bad idea im not sure ? )

Really what I was wondering is if someone could look at my console and suggest a method that they think would be best for my situation...

Thanks,

slevytam

Comment

mkay - but are you going to finish that out at all? mold it in? or just leave it where it looks like it's stuck on?

Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AC5JL
                I just put a 7 in touch screen in a 99 lexus es 300...
                oh *****... get back to work and finish it

Comment

dude.....you showed us like 4 pictures.....of nothing.....

....you didnt do anything.....ok the screen is there.......but common man....open your eyes.

I want my bandwidth back......and the .5 seconds I wasted looking at the second 3 pictures
                  PC Components:
                  Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                  My work log

Comment

i think whats even more irritating is that the first and last picture are the same
                    PC Components:
                    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                    My work log

Comment

Look what u did, u guys scared him off.

but I think u guys were a bit harsh, we was just giving a suggestion.
                      Installed
                      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X