1995 Suzuki GSX-R Bike Tank Cam Mount need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Suzuki GSX-R Bike Tank Cam Mount need help

hey guys wssup hehe not the right forum but hey i trust u guys! well what im tryin to do is make this mount to replace 3 bolts on my gas tank cover and extend forward and then let me mount my video camera to it... ive got a few pics from an ebay acution for this sucker but its like 20 dollors worth of parts that they put together and are selling it for like 100 bucks so i wanna make one myself :-)

leme know what u guys think and how i shud do it :-P no welding to the tank!
    Attached Files

Just buy it. That looks like machined aluminum, so unless you have some extremely expensive equipment laying about, it'll be easier just to buy one. Don't worry if you have to borrow the money...I've heard that with that sort of bike your life expectency is only 26 anyway.

Comment

thats a piece of cake.

get youself an old tripod and take the top off. Get some alloy bar and bend it to shape, drill mounting holes and bolt it together.

that is the easiest thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
        thats a piece of cake.

get youself an old tripod and take the top off. Get some alloy bar and bend it to shape, drill mounting holes and bolt it together.

hell...get a new tripod. they're less than $20 at best buy

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
          thats a piece of cake.

ever tried to drill a hole on a peice of roundbar? have a $2000 pipe bender laying around?

Comment

see thats what i was thinking i can prolly rig some cheepo stuff up like that dosnt have to look pritty ;-) no1 will be able to see it when im doin 150 down the road haha what i had in mind was insted of a round piece to go over the gastank cover it would be like a /\ and at the top i can have a riser which can extend forward and then have a bolt to go into my camera

watcha guys think? and also i want to do a helmet cam but im not sure what kind of recorder i can use i want to use a keyhole back up camera for that

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
              when im doin 150 down the road haha watcha guys think?
              I think you havent had road rash yet! Once you look at your skin and see hamburger you may slow down We had a saying when i lived in Cali and went to Willow Springs "Its not if youll lay your bike down but WHEN youll lay it down!"

Make a mold and make it from Fiberl...
              Cars
              1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

Car PC
              Planning

Comment

I have looked at those for my 1000RR... after much consideration I think it would be better just to spend the $100. Those mounts are very solid.

The fiberglass idea is not a bad one though. The way my bike goes though gas these mounts in the picture are nice in that you don't have to move them to put gas in the bike.. they are really nice. The rear one that goes on the rear foot peg is sweet too.
                2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
                2005 Hummer H2

Comment

Working...
                X