How would I make a track?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would I make a track?

I have an idea for a screen setup to pivot on an aluminum rod and then slide forward toward me, but am not sure how to go about making a track on each side. Is there something out there that would work? It would just need to fit something like screws and slide forward and back with a notch in front so it could hold it there (and maybe one in back too). The only thing I can think of right now is to make it out of wood...

Thanks
    Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
    Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
    Teardown PC [100%]
    Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

you could use sliders from drawers. they come in all different syles and sizes.

Comment

Great idea! A hardware store would probably have those, huh?
      Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
      Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
      Teardown PC [100%]
      Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Comment

yes sir

Comment

Or these

http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCt...MMainWidth=812

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Or buy 4 skateboard bearings and use a piece of solid round steel that slides into the bearings.

Comment

Hey guys, I have a similiar idea. I am gonna have a screen hide on the side of my center console then slide up and rotate towards me. Thanks for the link to the sliders WiredWRX. I Will use those. But I dont know how I will get it to stay in the viewing position, and be strong enough to use it as a touch screen. Also, if anyone can find me something so i can rotate the screen from the sliding positon to the viewing position. I need a 180 degree pivot hinge but it must have locking positions or be very stiff so I can use the screen as a touchscreen.

Comment

Working...
              X