Looking for aluminum L-Beam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for aluminum L-Beam

Basically, I'm looking at something I can mount my 2.5" laptop harddrive. I would I need around a foot of aluminum (or other sawable metal). The beam must be at least 1.0" (preferrably 1.25" on one side) and at least 0.5" on the otherside.

I guess this could go in FS/FT but it isn't really something people are going to look at the forum to sell. Whereas, someone might have a foot of scrap from previous fabrication.

This may not be what you're looking for, but you can usually buy that stuff at home depot, and it's really not that expensive... and usually comes in 3-foot lengths as well as some longer ones...
    But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
    Originally posted by Viscouse
    I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
    eegeek.net

Comment

Home Depot, menards, local hobby shops, you can find the stuff at a lot of different places.
      8" Lilli TS
      MB896F Mini-ITX MB
      2GHZ Dothan 533MHz FSB CPU
      1GB SDRAM DDR2 533
      Seagate 300GB SATA150 HD
      ENGENIUS WiFi MINI-PCI CARD 802.11A B 400MW OUT
      Pioneer Slot Load SLIM DVDRW
      Bluetooth V2 USB 2 Dongle
      3COM BKP Cam

Comment

Thanks, I checked at the local hardware store, everything they had was pretty heavy weight. I guess I'll check a larger store. Thanks.

Comment

oh yeah, home depot has it fo sho

Originally posted by TheLlama
          Thanks, I checked at the local hardware store, everything they had was pretty heavy weight. I guess I'll check a larger store. Thanks.
          Home Depot DEFENITELY has it. I used to get it there all the time. they also have it in different thicknesses. so if you only need some light stuff - there it is.. and well. its gonna be cheaper too.
          lots of different shapes and sizes of aluminum straps, rods, bars, etc.
          .______
          / '__|__\____ VW CarPC project
          \(o)_____(o)/ Full Spead Ahead!
          Props to my Sponsor, Summit Adventure Systems Mobile Climbing Walls
          www.summitadventuresystems.com

Comment

Home Depot
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Working...
            X