Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plans for my dash? pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Plans for my dash? pics


    This is my current setup in my car

    I would plan to relocate my ac controls to where the ashtrey is:


    i would block my vents and put something like this here and this is a rough draft of what it might look like:


    thats the best way i think i can pull this off, ideas welcome!

    Video of My Sub- (playing Mike Jones- Guess Whos Back)
    RE SX12 at 35hz
    Resonant Engineering 12

  • #2
    Save your money for a better car.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kirbycope
      Save your money for a better car.
      second

      Comment


      • #4
        don't listen to them. pimp it out

        Comment


        • #5
          Do those AC controls fit where the ashtray is?
          Renault Megane...the OEM look

          The Lost in Europe Ford Escort

          Comment


          • #6
            when i get done with it yeah and to the 2 people that said get a new car can suck a dick... i am getting a new SUV by summer and i can always take the **** out!!!

            Video of My Sub- (playing Mike Jones- Guess Whos Back)
            RE SX12 at 35hz
            Resonant Engineering 12

            Comment


            • #7
              If you are getting a new suv in the summer you should wait. Unless you want to put a pc in both. If you mold the screen in the dash of the car and decided to take it out later you will have some problems. And if you do take it out you will have a hole there along with the relocated HU and ac controls. And that may cause a problem if you decide to sell the car.
              Just a thought.
              There wouldn't really be any use for forums if there were no noobs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Enigma04
                If you are getting a new suv in the summer you should wait. Unless you want to put a pc in both. If you mold the screen in the dash of the car and decided to take it out later you will have some problems. And if you do take it out you will have a hole there along with the relocated HU and ac controls. And that may cause a problem if you decide to sell the car.
                Just a thought.
                In my opinion he should go for it. Better to learn on this than a newer car!
                2003 Durango Install
                2003 Matrix Install
                2004 Escalade Install

                Comment


                • #9
                  okay, so youre getting a new suv soon, why would you put it in this car then? Wait a little bit, then put in in your new car and be happy...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If he has the time and the money, let him try. If this is his first try, the expereince will sure help him a lot. Just don't do anyhitng to the car thatn can't be restored...
                    Renault Megane...the OEM look

                    The Lost in Europe Ford Escort

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jon102034050
                      okay, so youre getting a new suv soon, why would you put it in this car then? Wait a little bit, then put in in your new car and be happy...
                      He is not wasting your time or money, so why do you care? Since when is it yor call? Let him do whatever he wants. I am so sick of people telling other people what that can do with their own cars. He wanted suggestions on his setup, not some stupid remarks from you and kirbycope.
                      2003 Durango Install
                      2003 Matrix Install
                      2004 Escalade Install

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Matrix_24
                        He is not wasting your time or money, so why do you care? Since when is it yor call? Let him do whatever he wants. I am so sick of people telling other people what that can do with their own cars. He wanted suggestions on his setup, not some stupid remarks from you and kirbycope.
                        I agree. And it is just a '94 Buick. So what if he messes up the dash. I don't think he's planning on a high resale value. IMO, better to work the bugs out on an old car, rather than mess it up on a new.
                        To your question.
                        I don't think you'll be able to move you heater controls, but I might be wrong. Those look like the old type of controls which use rods connected to flaps to control everything. An easy way to tell is when you switch from floor to defrost, you can actually hear the thump of the vent closing. You may get away with it though, as your not moving them far. Problem is, your more than likely going to get binding. My suggestion would be to dismantle the dash area, move the controls down to where you hope to have them, duct tape the hell out of them so that they don't move, and see if the controls still work. This way you haven't butchered your dash yet.
                        I'd say, just by looking, you'd be better off to move your head unit down, and leave the heater contols in place. I would have to say that it's not the best place for you HU, too low to get at without taking your eye's off the road, but if you know your controls well, you can do it by feel, and it's only until summer.
                        Just my 2 cents!
                        Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.
                        There is no such thing as gravity, the world just sucks!!!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X