2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI

was just wondering how i could run a dvd-rw drive from the cupholder area above the double din back to the trunk where the computer is going to be.

the screen will be in the double din is. i know the drive will have to be a slim drive but does it need to be external usb or something to be able to run a cable? thanks!

Yes, USB is the best (only?) way to do this. You need an usb 2.0 slim drive enclosure, or since you are molding it into the dash anyway, just an adapter. Look at ebay or the mp3car store.

I would recommend using a powered usb hub in the front so you just need to run one cable from the trunk to the front.

BTW: Is your cupholder for sale then ???
    Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

Fast IS my copilot

Comment

Something like this might help you out if you find an IDE one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812156101
      May all your dreams come true.....unless your dreams are nightmares ~ L.S.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67759

Comment

Yes, but they have the same one on ebay for $15 I believe
        Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

Fast IS my copilot

Comment

coming from someone who has installed in this interior before, you will be cutting it REAL tight.

a 7" screen and a slim-slot MIGHT be possible, but if so, it would be REALLY tight. On my GTi, I had to move the AC controlls down about 1/2" to be able to fit in a 7" screen and 1/2 din eq (which will be about the same height as a slim cd player)

might want to take a few measurements, real serious measurements first
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by icecore
            Yes, USB is the best (only?) way to do this. You need an usb 2.0 slim drive enclosure, or since you are molding it into the dash anyway, just an adapter. Look at ebay or the mp3car store.

I would recommend using a powered usb hub in the front so you just need to run one cable from the trunk to the front.

BTW: Is your cupholder for sale then ???
            if his isn't I might have mine for sale if you are interested...just let me know
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
            X