Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you newer (94-00) mustang owners...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you newer (94-00) mustang owners...

Here's something I found on car domain. It lets you have a 7" screen + still keep a receiver and AC controls...

Just thought it might help you guys out w/; some ideas.

Post # 3000

Hmm.. i wonder who built it for them or where they got it.. Can you post a link to that member's cardomain page?
    2000 Sunburst Gold Mustang GT

Comment

"what" lets you have a 7" screen + still keep a receiver and AC controls?

imho, i would never ever get rid of the center vents on the stang. don't know about the previous model years (i've got an 03), but those are the only vents worth a ****. the two outer ones suck ***.

nice post though, nevertheless rafster..
      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

if you ran some good tubing you could run the airway from the center to the sides...

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
          "what" lets you have a 7" screen + still keep a receiver and AC controls?

imho, i would never ever get rid of the center vents on the stang. don't know about the previous model years (i've got an 03), but those are the only vents worth a ****. the two outer ones suck ***.

nice post though, nevertheless rafster..

I think the car was a conv. so, no need for AC....

Peace,

Rafster

P.S. I'm lookin right now at a '93 LX Conv 4Cyl and I'll be putting in a 99-03 3.8L V6 in there... 190HP on a Stang that's lighter than the newer onces ('94-'04)
          Post # 3000

Comment

Hey, as a matter of fact, I'm "doing that" to my 98 Mustang right now...except I decided to retain the center vents. I'm moving the AC controls to just above the shifter...the cables/wiring running to the AC controls are long enough to allow the move, but I'm having to essentially cut a new DIN space in the shifter bezel to accomodate the controls.

I agree with the poster above...I would NEVER consider eliminating the center vents...but then again, I live in Texas, where the temp varies from 100+ in the summer to 20 or so in the winter, with wild swings from one extreme to the other on some days...

In any case, I'll post pics when it's finished.

Gregory

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

thts the ugliest piece of **** shifter ive ever seen lol

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                You can say that again.....

Peace,

Rafster
                Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
                  I think the car was a conv. so, no need for AC....

WHAT?!?!? You MUST be kidding! I used the A/C all the time, at least before it became "disabled"... ahem... by an "engine compartment modification". I plan the buy a newer A/C module to get it working again. And, yes, I drive with the top down virtually 100% of the time. No, I don't live in Florida.

I'd rather lose the receiver and keep the vents!

great post, though... got a link?

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                    unfortunately i think thats the stock auto shifter for that year. Looks like its got just a little sun damage... lol

I got my xenarc and headunit in recently. Its not in its "perm" place, but it'll do until I figure out exactly what i'm going to do. Since I have my headunit, eq and the screen to worry about, as well as I don't plan on losing my vents... its going to be a pain to get everything to fit. Center console is no good b/c neither my HU or EQ will fit, even with the compartment stripped down. I have other plans for my glovebox, so its out too.
                    2000 Sunburst Gold Mustang GT

Comment

Working...
                    X