Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru Head-unit Mounting?

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. So I finally got down to mounting my LCD in the dash of my 2001 Subaru Imprexa OBS. I'm pretty happy with the results, save some masking issues (to be resolved).

However, I've seen a number of Subaru owners re-locate the head unit above the center HVAC vents, but all I've been able to find is the general "under-dash radio pocket" stuff, which is too deep and large for my tastes.

Can anyone recomend a place that sells a replacement for the top center "storage pocket" in a '01 Subaru Impreza, to allow me to put a CD player there?

Found part

Well, for anyone else out there who's looking for this, I eventually came across the correct part #.

The DIN mounting pocket for an above-the-A/C, in quite a range of Subarus, is:
    H0017FC910OE

I got mine from Subaruparts.com. They had the best price combined with shipping. Came to like $71.

Comment

You may be interested in my site as it is being built.

www.wrx-carpc.co.uk

Regards,

Steve
      System - Epia SP13000 for Main PC, Holux GR-213 USB GPS Receiver SiRF Star III, 2.4Ghz Uplink with VNC and Custom designed USB Intelligent SDC (In DEV). All fed to a Sony CDX-F7500 Headunit via USB. www.wrx-carpc.co.uk

Comment

Does anybody know of the chassis from Mechatroniks can be modified to fit a Xenarc 700TSV?

EDIT: nevermind found the answer here http://www.mechatroniks.com/wrx/groupbuyfaq.htm. He says he might do one this summer.
        2003 Subaru Impreza TS
        Staus: Done.. too lazy to make pictures lol.

Comment

Subaru LCD

In the mean time, you might consider just doing it yourself. The opening in my subaru (I can't speak for the later models, though) right below the HVAC unit is really well suited to the Xenarc700TSV. The attached picture is of that exact LCD, held in place with (yeah yeah) high-temp hot glue.

I plan to mount it more perminantly once I can get back into a machine shop, but in the mean time I've got a trip or two ahead of me that must make use of this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Dude thats wierd. I spotted like 3-4 things in your room that are in mine right now. I have the same Oakley's, SanDisk micro drive, Locitech Mouse, and I used to have that plantronics BT headset.... hrm wierd...
            Dual Core Atom - 512MB - 60GB SSD - 2010 Lilliput - SiRF Star III - BT - Wi-Fi - Street Deck - Rear Camera - Full Audio System

Project Log

|----------| Software
            |----------| Hardware
            |----------| Fabrication
            |----------| Installation

Comment

My room?

Well, great minds seem to think - and purchase - alike, eh?

Comment

You really need rip that lcd out of there and dremmel glue and bondo the front bezel to the dash and it will look sweet. Check out what I did to my civic dash. It's a little more perminant than your current mod but It will look hot
                Dual Core Atom - 512MB - 60GB SSD - 2010 Lilliput - SiRF Star III - BT - Wi-Fi - Street Deck - Rear Camera - Full Audio System

Project Log

|----------| Software
                |----------| Hardware
                |----------| Fabrication
                |----------| Installation

Comment

I know I need to mount it more perminantly, and that's what I intend to do. The problem is that it's the middle of finals and I am going on a trip where I need it mounted and usable during spring break. I don't have time to actually mount it "properly".

Once I do, rest assured I'll cut out the housing and mold it into the dash, properly.

Comment

Working...
                  X