Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple question - mounting a 3.5mm (1/8") jack

hi

i want to extend the aux-in of my HU from the back of the unit to the console

so i'm gonna get a 1/8" stereo patch cable with a plug on one end, and a jack on the other

my question is, what is the strongest way to bond the jack to the backside of the console?

i would like it to be flush on the outside, but if theres a certain screw-type jack that makes panel mounting easier, that would be cool too

thanks,
    Ravi
    Getting parts together for the carputer

There are panel-mount 3.5mm connectors, just check Mouser/Digikey/etc. They are generally solder connectors, so you can just clip the end off a patch cable and solder it on, and you can get them with screw-on retaining rings on the front. This will stick out slightly from the panel, but will still look good. Even if you insist on flush mounting and no retaining ring, these would be a lot easier to mount.
    MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
    Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

If you don't have a threaded jack then pick up some Torr Seal. This is the best adhesive I have ever used. It epoxy-based, but it work wonders on binding plastics and metals.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLlama
        If you don't have a threaded jack then pick up some Torr Seal. This is the best adhesive I have ever used. It epoxy-based, but it work wonders on binding plastics and metals.
        so it would stand up to almost constant pushing/pulling on the joint?
        Getting parts together for the carputer

Comment

Working...
        X