Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Selection, Dash Fab. For 99 Concorde

Hi all!

I have a 99 Chrysler Concorde that I am adding a CarPuter to. I am trying to figure out exactly where to mount the LCD to look "oem" the only place I can figure out is to drop the stock radio and "cubby" But to me that seems to low so would have to find a way to move AC controls (unless there is a way to control this with the CarPC as as well...) Attached Picture shows what I am dealing with. Also I have not bought / decided on an LCD yet as I do not know what sizes will fit... Any help anyone could offer would be great.
    Donald Landru

PlanetChristmas

controlling your AC with your computer will be very difficult unless you have
    A) software to do so...if it exsists prob not for your car
    B) the input would have to be digital and most are Analog. Yours looks a bit of both, so you have a chane.

also if you drop your stop radio down to just above your cigarete lighter you should be able to fit in a 7in. dont quote me on that.
    Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Well, My thoughts were to just drop the stock radio all together and move that to the CarPC as well.
      Donald Landru

PlanetChristmas

Comment

Eh, I say CarPCs aren't reliable enough yet to do away with a HU all together. I've had my PC in my car for around 4 years now, and I've had those problem days just like everyone else. I'm glad I still had a HU so I could jam to something...

I was considering the same, get rid of my HU completely. Glad I didn't.

Fold out screen not an option?
        Tidder

Try RevFE
        The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

I can't decide on wether or not to get rid of my headunit. There are some peole on the forum that have designed a radio. IUt's in the mp3car store. so for it.

Comment

Working...
          X