Help with a custom bezel in ashtray/lighter area *PICS*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a custom bezel in ashtray/lighter area *PICS*

I am trying to modify my ashtray/lighter area to allow me to put a usb hub and a slot load dvd-rom.

Basically I want to know the easiest way to attach the stock pieces together and fill in the "handle" area on the ashtray then I can modify it from that point.

It's not made out of ABS so I dont think the acetone trick will work. Maybe it would be easier for me to get a piece of ABS and make my own panel.

Thoughts?

I'd probably do my own panel but I'd probably first give a try to what you got -- make it all one piece fill in between plastic, then cut a hole for CDrom and go from there.
    f1vlad.com/subaru/sparow
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ 80% progress (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by f1vlad
      I'd probably do my own panel but I'd probably first give a try to what you got -- make it all one piece fill in between plastic, then cut a hole for CDrom and go from there.
      that was the thought, but not sure what to use to fill it in.

Comment

I would glue a peice of abs plastic or wood about 1/8"-1/4" inside the slot and then fill the remaining space with epoxy to flush it up. The expoy will shrink some, so then fill the rest with bondo. Don't fill the whole thing with anything. It will be unnecessarily heavy and more prone to cracking.

Comment

Working...
        X