No announcement yet.

Can't find Racing Seat Harness Holes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find Racing Seat Harness Holes...

I'm using my racing seats to do my first ever furnishing. If that is what you call it. but when I pulled the original plastic peices that go inside the holes for the 4point harnesses, they snapped... I guess they were superglued together. They ususaly just come apart.. But both of mine are broke so I need new ones to put over the new fabric, any sugjestions on where I can purchase these?
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
    ABIT NF-M2 nView | AMD Athlon64 FX62 Windsor | nVidia GeForce 6150 | Realtek ALC883 7.1DTS | Vista x64
    RF Power T162S | RF Power T162S | 2x RF Power T212D2 | RF Power T8004 | RF Power T20001bd | RF 3SIXTY.2

who makes your seats? best to get a replacement from them. optionally, if that info isnt available, look around at other seats that are similar to what you have and buy those. you will probably have to call them for replacements.

good luck, hope that helps.
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
    Pictures
    Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

lmao, all I know is they have the GTR logo on them.
      1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
      ABIT NF-M2 nView | AMD Athlon64 FX62 Windsor | nVidia GeForce 6150 | Realtek ALC883 7.1DTS | Vista x64
      RF Power T162S | RF Power T162S | 2x RF Power T212D2 | RF Power T8004 | RF Power T20001bd | RF 3SIXTY.2

Comment

should be a manufacturer lable sewn in somewhere. or stamped on the metal rails.
        1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
        Pictures
        Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

Hey, this is my first post here.

The seats you have are cheap. Im guessing you paid $150 ea. or somewhere around that. Off-brand seats, as well as cheaper name-brand seats (APC, Tenzo-R, Etc.) are built cheaply. And the plastic shroud that goes inside of the 2 holes near the top of the backrest, for the shoulder straps to run through, seperate. They are a 2 piece part, and they come apart. If they arent broken or cracked, then you can try to epoxy them, but it may not work.

Good luck. I have had 2 sets of cheap seats, and this has happened to both. I ended up buying good seats the next time (Sparco, Bride, Etc.)
          They arent cheap, but they are built much better, and they are actually track approved (Your seat doesnt have an approval sticker on it). Seats that arent approved are for looks only, and are very dangerous. You run a higher risk of injury in an impact with a set of cheap seats (Esp. reclining ones) and cheaply m ounted harnesses. You can compress your spinal cord on impact. Not good.

Just some advice, get good seats, and good harnesses as well. A good harness will also have a sticker on it (or sewn on patch really) that will say they are approved, and have a date on them.

Comment

Working...
          X