Fabricated: plexiglass via case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabricated: plexiglass via case

Would anyone be interested in custom fabed plexigalss cases for a computer built arround a via 12000. Pictures to follow if anyone is interested.

hrmm - not to rain on your parade, but most people here are capable of building these things on their own.

Especially considering this is your first post and you're posting to make some money. Just saying it doesn't come across all that great.

add another bad feeling when you don't even post pictures.

These had better be some bad *** cases.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
      hrm

These had better be some bad *** cases.
      I heard the plexi has sparkles injected in it. So it shines pretty.
      '02 GTI
      [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
      [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
      [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
      [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
      Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

ooooo!!!

well then, I change my mind

Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by jonoo3
          Would anyone be interested in custom fabed plexigalss cases for a computer built arround a via 12000. Pictures to follow if anyone is interested.
          I would like to see the pics. Could you provide the dimensions as well? Thanks

Comment

I am sorry I didnt mean to seem like I was just trying to make money. I have been reading this forum for over a year and a half, just never really had anything worth adding to the discussions. When I saw how interested people were in the custom fabed metal case, I thought people might be as interested in a plexi case. I am at work and figured if noone was interested I wouldnt bother posting the pics, but I will put them up when I get home.

Comment

I made a plexi glass case last year... Turned out ok for my first project. Its under my back seat in the suburban now. If i can figure out how to post pictures from my HDD i will post them. Ha ha

Jon

Comment

Pics and dimensions

7.5" x 8.5" x 4"
                Could be smaller based on what components you want to fit inside. Take 2 screws out and the top slides off.
                Attached Files

Comment

pics

Sorry about the last pic didnt realize how big it was.
                  Attached Files

Comment

more pics

more pics
                    Attached Files

Comment

That is a nice looking case! I have no need for one since I bought an Aopen Pandora. Just thought I'd complement you on a job well done.

As for most people here being able to build one... probably. But I have no plexi materials or cutting stuff. If I was in the market for one and the price was right, I'd buy one probably...
                      ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

go to your local plastic suplier/fabricator, they will build it for you complete for around $20us. Thats what i did no fuken around with glue and ****e
                        Continued Worklog... Upgrades in progress:
                        *15.4" WXGA LED backlight touchscreen upgrade
                        *Custom fiberglass dash bezel

Comment

Working...
                        X