Is it possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible?

I'm wondering what the more experienced people have to say about moving my A/C Control up to where I have 2 vents currently. Below are some very BAD MS Paint renderings...this isn't my car, but a pic I found to get the point across

Before

After

If the stock AC control are the control on the bottom (not sure cause the control are different in the second pic) then it looks like it will be possible. It might be a little tight, can't really tell from the pic. But you might have to extend the wires depending on how long there are. It looks doable but its gonna require some work.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

very doable, but why have the center vent loss, the climate controls don't have to be "up front & center", why not move them down below the screen?
      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

I like Turbocad's Idea, I'll look into that. It seems like it would be easier since the controlls wouldn't have to move that far. See...this is why I like mp3car, you actualy get good ideas. thanks

Comment

I decided to take Turbo's Idea. I started the fab. today, so far so good. I removed the "split" in the dash where the stock 1.5din HU went, and where the A/C controlls were. Here's a preview:

Comment

Heres the insert for the dash just a temp up

Comment

simple, effective... done quickly too.... I like it

Comment

I see you have a tray load DVD player... is there any advantage to this over a slot load player? I am doing a custom fab case for someone and they wanted a slot load .... I just got it in the mail and it looks rather flimsy.
                Just wondering if anyone has had problems with these.
                -Gordon

Comment

slot loads are great, & can be more durable with no drawer to jamb or rip off..., they cost more & can't play smaller non standard discs, & most can't eject a disc with no power, even with a paperclip... overall I think there great

Comment

Working...
                  X