Laptop Mounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Mounts

I had just purchased a laptop. Im looking to either make a mount or buy a mount that I can use in 2 cars. I have a nissan sentra 01 and my fiance has a 06 jeep lerado.

I kinda wanna make it so i can go from one car to another to use GPS. when we go on trips we usually use her jeep anyway, but I figure it would be cool to use /fabricate something to use with both cars.

does anybody know what kind of supplies I would haveto use?

Thanks in advance!!
    Breast Cancer Awareness 360

What about a docking station

Comment

Great first post! A docking station would be the best solution and it would save wear and tear on all of your ports.

Comment

What kind of laptop is it and how much does it weigh?

Click on the link in my signature (below) to see the mount that I use with my tablet laptop)

This is the second type of mount I am working on:
        http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthre...b+laptop+mount

The current one i have works perfectly because my tablet laptop is really light, less than 4 lbs with battery.

otherwise, if you have money to burn (which i dont) go to www.ram-mount.com

hope this helps playa,
        - sh00k
        Duct tape and a Bandana for the win, b!shes!!!

My Setup:http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73500

Cost so far: Less than a grand ;]

Comment

Any pics of what exactly you mean?

Comment

Breaker, I saw that first one. I dont have a tablet. I have a Toshiba Satellite. A105 S2071. The weight is about 6lbs.

Comment

Go to www.ram-mount.com to see what options they have for your laptop. Otherwise, try to find some place in your cars where you can mount your laptop. like in my case, I used the small "cubby hole" under the temprature controls to mount my laptop. a 6lb laptop i think would be a little difficult to mount using the way i did, that's why i suggest taking a look at www.ram-mount.com or buying a tablet like i did =D lol.
              - sh00k

Comment

/\ lame

Comment

perpetualjon should chime in here, he made a pretty cool mount for his galant out of black iron pipe. cheep as hell and infinite in its possibilities.
                  1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
                  Pictures
                  Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Omoikane View Post
                    /\ lame
                    You seem to like to pick on this mount. What's your carpc look like?
                    Failure is not an option....

It's installed by default on every version of Windows.

Comment

LOL Barry. It's okay - haters are gona hate. I'm used to it and it doesn't get to me a single bit. Many people hate my solution but it's all good - let them. ;]
                      - sh00k

Comment

Working...
                      X