98 Ford Explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Ford Explorer

Hey everyone. I got a 1998 Ford Explorer. My first plan didnt work out due to a defective lilliput 1din radio tv unit that comes out, motorized. Now i made up my mind to bondo a reg screen, not motorized inside the dash. Can someone tell me if this screen will fit, ofcourse i will need to use bondo and cut out my dash, but still...

I am thinking to either use this screen if it will fit or to use a 7inch wide screen from ex-audio.

7inch ex-audio screen
    Anyone has any pros-cons regarding using ex-audio screens. I believe that screen on ex-audio.com is actually a lillput screen. New model i believe with buttons on the side, looks pretty good, in my opinion. The reason i want to use an 8inch dynamix screen is because either way i will need to bondo my dash, so why not already insert a bigger screen. All suggestions and help needed.

The radio in yours isn't double-DIN so either may not fit without something else losing space. If I remember correctly, which I should because my mom drives a 00, there's the air vents on top, then the radio, then the climate control and if you've got an Eddie Bauer the computer's on the bottom slanty portion of the dash. I'd say that if you've got an Eddie Bauer edition, it won't happen anywhere near easily. If you dont, you can try relocating the climate controls to the bottom of the dash.

Comment

Is this what your dash looks like?
      Attached Files
      Post # 3000

Comment

exactly my dash, other then for leather seats, lol
        but yea, thats how it looks and also if you see that part under the climate control, little storage area, i will put a stereo reciever there

Comment

Originally posted by ixoxoli
          exactly my dash, other then for leather seats, lol
          but yea, thats how it looks and also if you see that part under the climate control, little storage area, i will put a stereo reciever there
          It'd probably be easier to put the radio in the center console. I was wrong, your year does have a double-DIN. I was thinking about the previous body style and that's single DIN.

The bezel has a little rubberized coating to it so you'll have to get all of that off so the 'glass will stick. There's 4 bolts that hold it in and then it just pulls out. Should be pretty easy to take out.

Comment

actually be careful because the ford has a 1.5 din. i dont know if that would complicate your install but i just thought id point it out.

Comment

Nah, it's double but it's gotta be ISO mounted once you stick two DIN units in there.

Comment

ah i stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
                X