cherokee 2 din multimedia install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherokee 2 din multimedia install

its just a basic 2 din mp3,dvd,tuner,radio unit.. I wanted to make it look factory...
    first- i cut out the bezel big enought for the unit to fit.. I even had to cut down the ac vents so it would go back far enough..
    then- after mounting the unit, I glued a wood frame around the bezel to fit,
    then, i shaped it with bondo and
    painted it

what do you think?

the unit has aux inputs, I would love to a have gps,, is it possible to turn a desktop pc into a car pc? i have a decent one just collecting dust...
    Attached Files

That looks excellent. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by SPcustoms
      the unit has aux inputs, I would love to a have gps,, is it possible to turn a desktop pc into a car pc? i have a decent one just collecting dust...
      looks good. to answer your question, yes, you can turn a desktop pc into a carpc.. check the link in my sig.
      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

thanks!
        heres a close up
        Attached Files

Comment

wow that looks fantastic, i want one for my cherokee

Comment

thanks, im happy with how it came out... the only thing i dont like is that the headunit doesnt save the contrast settings.. every couple times i turn it on its all outa wack, not really a prob, just have to adjust em... I may do the whole thing over but this time make a carpc setup instead..

Comment

SPcustoms... how much would you charge to modify the center console bezel like that?

Comment

Ill give you that exact one for 75shipped... just remember this is only a bezel, you have to mount the headunit into position in the dash and move it around till the bezel fits... That was the tricky part, i even had to cut out some of the dash innerds...
                but i am planning on redoing everything so i wont be needing the bezel anymore....
                also since the pics, I repainted it for a better match with SIKKENS interior paint....

Comment

That is a double DIN opening on that bezel right? No chance of the paint peeling?

Comment

yes 2-din,
                    ive never seen this stuff peel,
                    i did it with a good system, sikkens primer, sealer and topcoat...
                    The only thing that could damage it would be harsh chemicles...

Comment

SPcustoms, I just sent you a PM.

Comment

i joined this site specifically for this...i have been trying to get a double din in my 98 and i need a bezel...can you make me one just like yours that i can fit a double din in?

Comment

Working...
                        X