Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xenarc Conversion

    Ok well i got tired of how the IDT 700 was looking in my car and it was time for something a bit more custom.

    I decided to make a bezel, first time, so far its going pretty ok. Still need to fine sand it and fill it up some more. The fitting is perfect, but still a bit off.

    It was EXTREMELY hard to fit this damn thing even tho I had a double din the actual bezel dimensions were a bit bigger and the damn thing was all metal so I spent most of the time cutting with a dremel and grinding. Then I had to trim the dash pieces and widen the hole at the bottom, I didnt want to but I had to no choice becuase I have no where to put the AC controls. All in all it worked out well, I just need to fix the bottom and it will look perfect...

    I might be tossing my HU all together and getting an internal amp and some new MB quarts.

    Let me know what you guys think so far and if you have any more tips for me!









    1999 Lexus GS300- (going VIP)
    1993 Lexus SC300-Turbo (Totaled by idiot driver)
    1996 Lexus SC400- (Totaled by brother)
    1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)
    1994 Toyota Camry- (sold)

  • #2
    Heres the original

    1999 Lexus GS300- (going VIP)
    1993 Lexus SC300-Turbo (Totaled by idiot driver)
    1996 Lexus SC400- (Totaled by brother)
    1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)
    1994 Toyota Camry- (sold)

    Comment


    • #3
      couple of updated pics, still sanding and fitting.



      1999 Lexus GS300- (going VIP)
      1993 Lexus SC300-Turbo (Totaled by idiot driver)
      1996 Lexus SC400- (Totaled by brother)
      1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)
      1994 Toyota Camry- (sold)

      Comment


      • #4
        looking good..keep up the sanding and filling. make sure you put plenty of reinforcement in the back so you dont get stress cracks.

        aslo..side note about the mbquarts. take a listen to cdt components, you may find you'll like them better and save a few bucks
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

        My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by scott_fx
          looking good..keep up the sanding and filling. make sure you put plenty of reinforcement in the back so you dont get stress cracks.

          aslo..side note about the mbquarts. take a listen to cdt components, you may find you'll like them better and save a few bucks
          I was recommended MB's but im of course open to suggestions. I will check out CDT. Is there any particular model? I'm gonna have to get them for all 4 door panels and the kickpanels. lol.
          1999 Lexus GS300- (going VIP)
          1993 Lexus SC300-Turbo (Totaled by idiot driver)
          1996 Lexus SC400- (Totaled by brother)
          1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)
          1994 Toyota Camry- (sold)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Curry
            I'm gonna have to get them for all 4 door panels and the kickpanels. lol.
            why? just because those are the holes that are there from the factory?

            no need, 4 at most, possibly just the front stage even.

            As for the bezzel, it looks like you didn't use any of the bezzel that it came with, but only used the thin metal frame that came with it instead?

            If that's the case, I'd just like to warn you in advance that you will probably run into some stress cracks in the near future. That piece isn't very sturdy and it doesn't give you much of a surface to bond to.

            if that's not the case, then disregard the last half of my post!
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

            Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
              why? just because those are the holes that are there from the factory?

              no need, 4 at most, possibly just the front stage even.

              As for the bezzel, it looks like you didn't use any of the bezzel that it came with, but only used the thin metal frame that came with it instead?

              If that's the case, I'd just like to warn you in advance that you will probably run into some stress cracks in the near future. That piece isn't very sturdy and it doesn't give you much of a surface to bond to.

              if that's not the case, then disregard the last half of my post!
              So when I re-do the rear door panels I shouldn't add speakers?

              The metal is the bezel. Nothing else came.
              1999 Lexus GS300- (going VIP)
              1993 Lexus SC300-Turbo (Totaled by idiot driver)
              1996 Lexus SC400- (Totaled by brother)
              1972 Datsun 240Z- (WIP)
              1994 Toyota Camry- (sold)

              Comment


              • #8
                awesome!

                it might be a little too late but take 'glare' into account.

                you will hate yourself and the dash later when you cant see anything during the day!

                just my 2c!
                99' V6 Solara SE.
                '05 CBR600RR
                Baltimore MD.
                Shuttle XPC| 512MB | 120GB 3.5" Seagate
                Opus 150W PS | Rikaline 6010 GPS
                7" Lilliput 619 | Centrafuse | IGuidance 3

                Comment


                • #9
                  if you want good quality sound and are interested in a stage that's accurate, go without the rear speakers.
                  Jan Bennett
                  FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

                  Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    so there's no physical bezel on the lcd?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have the same concern Lax...it's strange.
                      Jan Bennett
                      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

                      Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's what's left of an in-dash, so the bezel is a metal one...
                        List of front-ends/usefull apps
                        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          looks great!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Good eyes JC-S...didn't even notice that....i personally would have made a shroud or some type of bezel instead of fiberglassing directly to the metal...like making a mold and releasing the fiberglass from the screen

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X