who can make me a mold? A MUST HAVE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who can make me a mold? A MUST HAVE!

guys i need a mold made. the mold needs to be of an xbox 360 power button. i will supply power button. willing to pay a decent amount of money. i can supply a pic of the button...it is very complicated for a noobie to do it.
    Breast Cancer Awareness 360

Comment

You're going to need to provide some specfics...what sort of mold? Do you need just a negative mold or don you mean you need a postive replacment for the button? How critical are the tolerances?

In short, it would help to know more about what you're planning on doing...

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

What do you want to make the button out of?
        How many buttons do you need to mold?

Comment

Goofus from Durkadurkastan. Nice. :-)

Comment

i need to make a clear resin button. so i just i need to make the mold of the negative. the legs around it need to be there to attach back.

Comment

when i would like someone to make the mold and send me the mold bc im gonna try to something with it.

Comment

click the link in my sig for more information. goto the last page of the bca360 mod and youll see.

Comment

Your best bet is probably going to be having someone make a negative cast of the thing with polyurethane rubber.

Comment

It looks like the button relies on those 4 'arms' sticking out to the sides to be somewhat flexible, so the button can move and rebound. if you haven't already, you might want to consider just how flexible they must be, because if you cast the whole thing in resin they might be too brittle and just crack. Just a thought...
                    But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
                    Originally posted by Viscouse
                    I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
                    eegeek.net

Comment

The button moves less than 1/32" when you push it so fiexibility shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

I'm a rubber and plastic manufacturer. I can make you a single cavity prototype mold and make you a part out of compression molded poyurethane or a high durometer silicone. A prototype mold will run you $800-1000 Canadian, depending on how tight you need the tolerances. For that you'd get about 50 samples. You will need to supply me with a print of the finished part, if not I can reverse engineer it for you using a 3D Micro-Vu non-contact CMM, but I'd need about $300 more for the time on the machine and the Solidworks time.

Molding rubber costs more than you might think...

Comment

Originally posted by CTS_V
                          Molding rubber costs more than you might think...
                          Hmmm. I'd just make a two piece plaster mold and pour the acrylic myself. Might take a couple of tries and some finish work, but then again, it won't be $1000.

(and that comment is in no way to diminish the value of having it done professionally, as I realize both time and expertise should be compensated).

Still curious why the original poster would like a clear resin replica power button that is somehow so different from the stock version that it must be molded and precisely duplicated...a clear resin button so it can be backlighted, perhaps?

Comment

800-1000? are you kidding me? for something thats 2 itches wide? thats retarded!

i baught these tiny balls on ebay...when u heat them up they melt..i will TRY that before i got ahead and spend 800 bucks. stop smoking the crack pipe.

when i said decent amount of money..i didnt mean i wanted to get robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by BCA360
                              800-1000? are you kidding me? for something thats 2 itches wide? thats retarded!

i baught these tiny balls on ebay...when u heat them up they melt..i will TRY that before i got ahead and spend 800 bucks. stop smoking the crack pipe.

when i said decent amount of money..i didnt mean i wanted to get robbed.
                              Hey nOOb:

Don't verbally slap forum members trying to help you. You said you were willing to spend a significant amount of money AND that your item was a "MUST HAVE". That means different things to different people. To me, that's a lot of cash (see my earlier post). For some people, it might be worth it.

In any case, try writing "Thanks, but no thanks," in reply to someone who spent time and effort to try to help you. That's just polite.

But, try the "balls from eBay" and let everyone know how it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X