need fabrication work done Detroit, MI area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need fabrication work done Detroit, MI area

I need a alpine 6.5" touch screen installed in my center console of my 92 merc 400e where the radio currently resides. I only want the screen to be shown with no bezel like most people have done here. I can send the center console/screen to if someone is not in the detroit area.

why not give it a go yourself?

also, why not try local shops?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

probably going to be costly seeing as it is a custom job.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

i checked local shops and they wanted 650.00. I don't have a garage to work in currently since I just moved here and I honestly don't have the time.

Comment

very well then.

You might also consider hitting up some dedicated car audio forums.

Since it's an alpine piece, there's a good deal more risk involved since those are typically more expensive than a VGA monitor like we all use here.
          Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

any suggestions as far as a good car audio forum

Comment

www.caraudioforum.com

for starters...

google for others, there's quite a few of them out there.

however, someone here just might be willing to help you out so keep checking your thread.
              Jan Bennett

Comment

I tried that forum with no luck. seems more people are fabricating on this forum. I'll keep checking this thread.

Comment

http://www.sounddomain.com

Comment

I checked sound domain and no luck there either.

Comment

i got a buddy out in detroit with a custom audio shop...pm me for his info and tell him i sent u he should give u a good price.
                      i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

He emailed me. He didn't mention anywhere in here that he wants paint or vinyl quality finish for this and only wants to spend $200 including supplies.

Comment

mkay.....
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

I replied back to you regarding the 200 and I mentioned that I was not aware how much the prices are for this type of work.

Comment

I guess that would explain why you bawked at the prices you were quoted.

It amazes me how people put a price on things before they have any idea what it takes.

Fabrication work is very time intensive. To make it look like it was very simple to do usually takes a LOT of time.
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X