I Think This Matched Well

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think This Matched Well

I pretty much finished my front bezel for the LCD (with the exception of some cracks, which I will fix when making a version 2.0). I never painted or did any bondo work before, so it's not perfect, but it's not crappy either (I hope).

My friend is really good at painting and recommended that I use Kragen's Low Gloss Black Ceramic Engine Enamel... I did just one coat and the match is exceptionally good!

Pre-painting.

Painted. Tabs sticking out are the same way the stock deck sits into the dash, I wanted to retain that.

Poor photo of the match (at night, using a work light as a light source).

I think it turned out nice! It even matches during the day with sunlight shining on it.

looks good nice job...
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
      looks good nice job...
      Thank you I am happy with it. Sure it's not as good as oh... an AVIC system or other two din screens, but the satisfaction of doing something yourself has always been the reason why I get into any project. Seeing it go from nothing to something is truly a thrill for me.

Comment

damn skippy thats a good match. nice one.

Comment

Man, another person whose fab skills are about 100 miles above mine. That looks good.
          What I've been listening to
          What I've been driving

Comment

Originally posted by SoulCoughy View Post
            Man, another person whose fab skills are about 100 miles above mine. That looks good.
            Oh man, my fab skills are way below anyone's... there are some people on this forum that are Gods at making stuff. Things I wish I had: a CNC mill and access to all sorts of stock.

Comment

Working...
            X