2003 Mazda6 Console Fab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Mazda6 Console Fab

Well this was my first attempt at any type of (major) fabrication and I'm pretty happy with how this came out. I had the Metra kit for the Mazda6 and decided to mold an Xenarc screen in. However by doing so I also had to relocate a few buttons/circuit boards which is still a work in progress. Nevertheless, more pics to come of the completed job. I'm glad I took this job upon myself as I can use it a building ground for fiberglassing my own box in the future.

The idea:

In progress:

All primered up:

fine work there!
    Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
    Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
    Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Thank you! It was quite the enjoyment and learning experience in this project. I'm currently working on another piece that I relocated one of the circuit boards to. Hopefully I can finish it soon and send all my interior panels to the body shop.

Comment

Lookin good amigo. You still using an HU or is it PC to amp direct?
        Dont tell me to shut up, I'm Rick James ******!!!

Comment

PC to amp directly, didn't really see the point of a HU anymore. Is there a benefit towards using a HU with a CarPC?

Comment

there are two reasons I use an HU with my PC, one, i already spent loads of dough on one before i decided to delve into the PC project, and two, i use a mac mini, so in the absence of any real front-end or GPS software, the HU fills that void nicely. Even nicer is that i can switch between the two with zero load times.
            Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
            Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
            Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

looks good... any pics of the screen in the car ?
              ----------------
              04 Corolla

Modifications:
              Upgrading pc 99%

Progress

Comment

No pictures of the screen in the car, I'm still a little while away from that unforunately.

I'm about 90% finished with the last panel in which I relocated my A/C circuit board to, it's coming out rather nicely although it was a bit more of a pain. After that I have to test fit the center console and send it off to the body shop. The excitement of putting it all back to gather is getting me anxious. I haven't had my CarPC in my car for almost a year now due to certain circumstances.

Comment

More work done!!! I've done a few more things since my last post, including finishing this panel as well as starting work on another one and building a box to hold my CarPC. It's coming along well.

This the panel that I moved the A/C, rear defrost, and circulate buttons from the dash to this panel. The curve made for a lot of work.

Comment

Where did you end up locating the Hazard switch?

Comment

Never relocated the Hazard switch. I pushed that back on my list and started/finished some more things.

Pictures:

Gutted my interior to dye my carpet and dynamat the floor:

Comment

is that spray n carpet dye.how did that comeout.whered u get it

Comment

that looks fantastic so far. can't wait to see the end results!
                          New System in progress:
                          M10k
                          Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                          Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                          Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                          Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Yes that was spray on dye, it worked great however it did leave the carpet a little rough (Not that I care it doesn't even show mostly when it's in the car) I got it from rightlook.com (here's the direct link: http://www.rightlook.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=251

I just finished dynamatting my floor, terrible experience and lot of work but the results will pay off hopefully.

Comment

Well the never-ending work continues. Floor is now dynamated, I just need to add the layer of Ensolite and it's complete. I unclipped all the wires that were attached to body and put them above the dynamat. I put a single layer throughout the car and doubled up on the wheel fenders. It was ***** to cut out all the holes for the bolts, screws, clips and anything else that goes into the body of the car. It took a few hours, hopefully the work will pay off when I drive in the morning and hear nothing but silence.

Comment

Working...
                              X