Custom Acrylic Cutting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Acrylic Cutting

I've been having some acrylic work done recently and have been very pleased with the results, although the parts I had made are not directly CarPC related the price and work has been great so I thought I'd pass it on. I have no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer but if you want something laser cut from acrylic and bent if needed you might give them a try. I've been sending him my designs in Adobe Illustrator but I'm sure most applications would be workable.

He is at www.traderhut.com email address is laser@traderhut.com the guys name is Chert, I've found him helpful and responsive.

Chris.

awesome! glad i just did a search! i am going to contact these guys asap. have any examples of the pieces they made for you?
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

not to hijack but if for whatever reason you cant get a hold of the op referral I can also help you out scottfx, Let me know if you need anything. More pics of plastics work available upon request

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx View Post
        awesome! glad i just did a search! i am going to contact these guys asap. have any examples of the pieces they made for you?
        This is my radar detector mounting bracket, it 1/4" acrylic cut, engraved and bent to my specifications. He's very helpful and very reasonable, please mention that I referred you.

Chris.
        Attached Files

Comment

yeah, he's been working with me and helping me along the way. It's going to be a great end product when it's finished. He's even going to bend some bigger pieces for my amp rack...stay tuned. who should i tell him you are? will he know you as ukchris from Mass?

ces...thanks a bunch but this guy has already been very helpful and has offered a bunch of advice on different techniques. do you work with metal as well as plastic? I would love to get a piece bent out of aluminum to act as a bridge to my amps, but i'm making due with smoked acryllic for now. also...side note here. what exactly do you do for a living? all of your posts here are really informative and your work looks top notch.
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

who should i tell him you are? will he know you as ukchris from Mass?
            That'll probably do it, or the "Radar Rack" guy!

What are you making?

Comment

Originally posted by ukchris View Post
              That'll probably do it, or the "Radar Rack" guy!

What are you making?
              I designed a new control panel to go under my lcd screen (ref. to the picture below) it will be replacing that black and silver unit with a totall custom piece.

and the other piece will be a bridge to connect two of my amps that are in the trunk. as well as two endcaps to cover some wiring

one last question. that radar rack. the bend to the left of the picture, is that foggy or clear? it may just be light refracting off the curve but i can't tell from the pic.
              New System in progress:
              M10k
              Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
              My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

one last question. that radar rack. the bend to the left of the picture, is that foggy or clear? it may just be light refracting off the curve but i can't tell from the pic.
                It's clear but picked up a bubble or two, looks fine in person, well actually you don't even see it once installed. (Picture is a slightly different version)

Comment

Working...
                X