Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 VW Passat mount ideas?

Hi,

I have a 99 VW Passat 1.8T who's dash looks like the pic. I want to do a 7" touch screen but don't like the idea of ripping apart my dash... and don't really care too much about an OEM look. I need functionality for now and do need to be able to reverse everything for when I sell the car a couple of years down the road.

I'm thinking above the AC vents? but i'd have to drill down into the dash ... or use some adhesive that will kill it :-( . I know other ppl on here have removed the HU and put it there after moving the AC controls down..but I need the HU for my audio amp.

Any ideas for a non-destructive mount? I don't mind a tom tom style popping out of the dash thing.

Thanks!

you get my idea..

oh if u take a pic of your dash head on.. i can work with it better.. and draw out other people's ideas..

Comment

is that a rod joint held on by velcro? Hmm.. I like it. I was thinking along those lines too something like the cell phone holders you see. Anyway here is a head on picture

btw this is from WebDog's install over here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=passat

Comment

well you could get a plip up screen, or you can go all the way, by relocating climate controls below, and screen on top

Yev
        R. T. F. M

Comment

Working...
        X