Would this be easy to color match?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be easy to color match?

I have a 2006 Ford Fusion with Piano Black interior. Here's a pic below...how easy would this be to fabricate and color match to look factory?

Probably not too hard with the right primer, paints, and sealant. It would require a lot of sanding to make it smooth.

I'd also look into glossy black vinyl.
    2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
    7" Lilliput Touchscreen
    NANO-ITX+m1-atx
    512 DDRsodimm
    60g SATA Laptop HD
    4x Apple DVDslot
    digimoto OBDii
    mS GPS
    mini BT keyboard
    relocated HU faceplate

Comment

Easy take it to a body shop or even home depot and have them scan the color and mix it up for you. Some body shops can even make a spray can of the paint for you.

-Mike

Comment

Umm, if you use interior wall paint on your car, you deserve to be shot.

You can get a little can that you pour automotive grade paint into and there's a little butane propellant can you put on the bottom. It's like a rattle can but it's WAY better stuff.

Comment

that black color looks to be your car's body color so an auto body supply shop is your only bet

Comment

OOOOORRRRRRR

go to www.paintscratch.com and order the factory color in a spray can and save yourself A LOT of time and $$$

Comment

Have you tried the spray cans yourself? What kind of results did you get, id like to see pics if you dont mind this looks kinda interesting

Comment

no matter what your paint in the car you must prime it, is the part is plexible, i would go with latex paint on the primer

Yev
                R. T. F. M

Comment

i've never used the cans from paintscratch, but i've used spray cans many times.

the whole thing with painting interiors, is like yevmeister said, you have to use a primer. then use really thin, light coats. i would use a clear coat when you're done, especially to make it nice and shiny like the factory piece.

take your time though, and it'll turn out just fine.

Comment

like yevmeister said, you have to use a primer.
                    Even if it's not plexible?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                      Even if it's not plexible?
                      DON'T PANIC.

Previous install pics in 2k3 S10

Project CarPc V2

Comment

english is my third language, and i am perfecting my Vodka Science degree, to Doctorolisimus of Vodka Science
                        R. T. F. M

Comment

Fan of many languages, master of none Where are you from?

Comment

Working...
                          X