X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sweet buy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Duram...QQcmdZViewItem

not bad for my next projects.

That's not much cheaper than retail for the gun. As far as the old epoxy goes, that's a crap shoot.

Comment

well the new gun is 65 correct and the epoxy runs 23 a tube for new stuff. so if anything its worth it for the price of the gun. I can mess with the epoxy first to see how well it works and then buy some more tips and another cartrige later.

Comment

you know what i hate to burst your bubble. I ordered duramax 4040 and the company accidentally sent me that dual action dispensor along with the 4040. i was like WTF i looked at my invoice and its not on there, i got so excited that i had gotten a $90 dispenser for free!!

screen name here use to be MegaloRESE15"

Comment

Originally posted by MegaloRESE15" View Post
          ....a $90 dispenser....
          That gun is $90? Wow. I think I'd take apart a couple of $7 caulk guns from Home Depot and rig something up.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by parksgm View Post
            That gun is $90? Wow. I think I'd take apart a couple of $7 caulk guns from Home Depot and rig something up.
            that was my origanl plan, to find an open ended caulk gun and put some dowl rods,but my prayers were answered later that day

Comment

there is some stuff called dominion sure seal thats just as good as duramix and they actually sell an adapter for $3.00 that lets you use their dual dispensing tubes ina regular caulking gun, its just hard to find the stuff. Oh and its half the price for the 4040 equivilent from them. (13 or so a 6oz tube)

Comment

i got my gun in today its in mint condition along with the sealed package of resin. whats the best way to store the resin once its been opened?

Comment

Originally posted by GroundedSST View Post
                  i got my gun in today its in mint condition along with the sealed package of resin. whats the best way to store the resin once its been opened?
                  i just stored mine in a plastic bag and stuffed it in my store-room, works fine still. as long as the chemical arent mixed you'll be straight. BTW you will need extra mixing tips,each tip is 1 time use(well duh).

Comment

yea, i need to get some more but if i keep the tip on it will essentially work as a cap or so the directions say. i have it in the gun still standing up. i would also like to add that this stuff is da bomb, easy to shape, dries pretty quickly with a little heat on it and is nice and flexable.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundedSST View Post
                      yea, i need to get some more but if i keep the tip on it will essentially work as a cap or so the directions say. i have it in the gun still standing up. i would also like to add that this stuff is da bomb, easy to shape, dries pretty quickly with a little heat on it and is nice and flexable.
                      nah i have mine without the tip on it, when the resin cures it acts as a cap then when you need to use it you just peel it off seriously does work

btw when you leave it in the gun make sure you pull back the pole so its not putting pressure on the 4040,other wise it will continue to leak.

Comment

yea i released the pressure on it. I cant wait til next summer because im welding in sheetmetal tubs in the front and rear of my truck and im gonna get the seam selaer made for these guns

Comment

you got any pics since you have it now?

Comment

For future purchases this is where i had bought mine
                            http://www.levineautoparts.com/duramix.html

Comment

Not a bad buy for the price. Shoudl come in handy for future builds and maybe even a few odds and ends that require attention around the house. I had looked into a plastic repair kit to use when I was putting together my screen and bezel but the Locktite glue that I use seems to work really well. I have also used it to repair motorcycle fairings as well and it seems to bond just about anything together.
                              Check out the updates. Project 2003 Dakota worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85490

IS JACK BAUER GONNA HAVE TO SMACK A *****?

Comment

Working...
                              X