Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Start

is this the right place?

Anyways..............Are there any top of the line Remote Start sets? If so what do you suggest?

I want one that locks/unlocks doors, controls windows, good range...etc...all the good stuff

*lala*

i got my stuff today...should i try and hook it up myself or what? is it hard?

I've got a clifford matrix rs2.5x and it offers all of that and more

Comment

completley wrong place...but Viper 791xv is your best bet
      screen name here use to be MegaloRESE15"

Comment

oh, and you might want to check out The12Volt.com website

Comment

Originally posted by W3bMa5t3r View Post
          oh, and you might want to check out The12Volt.com website
          best diagram site ever
          screen name here use to be MegaloRESE15"

Comment

OH.. clifford, viper, python, hornet.. etc.. they're all Directed Electronics alarms... might help you a bit in the comparison

Comment

i got the viper 771. it doesn't have the fancy LCD readout the 791 does, but i gotta say, after the beating keyfobs tend to take in your pocket or getting tossed around, i'll take a few scuffs on plastic over a cracked or scratched display any day. very similar features otherwise... not to mention lower cost ;-).
              Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
              Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
              Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

check out compustars 2wss-as spread spectrum... the range blows away all the regular fm units, & the quality is top notch... incredable distances compared to even most high end fm two-ways... I think clifford has a newer spread spectrum unit too... this is the ultimate in long distance reliable range...
                MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Python990, SST(spread spectrum) 1mile range (or so quoted) or the Compustar 2wss are my two picks. Although i am slightly bias towards the python, there is a viper counterpart that i'm not sure of the model number of. www.directed.com

Comment

clifford owns them all

Comment

I think compustars quality is higher than dei's, component wise & remote itself, which is the whole user interface really... it usually costs a bit more too...

Comment

turbocad6, i figure if i were to ask anyone at all, you'd be the person to ask, but on a difficulty scale of 1-10, how hard do you think it would be to build a board in your car attached to a cell phone that would answer on ringing and be able to arm/disarm your security through a sequence of dial tones (DTMF i think...?), or alternatively dial out through the phone to you if the alarm is triggered?

i figured if the iraqis can do it to set off bombs, it can't be too difficult.
                        Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
                        Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
                        Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

got me there... I once did a remote start connected to a beeper, called the # & the car woulds start... bad thing was, wrong #'s also started the car

I've been thinking about something like this, but not to deeply yet... eventually I do want a way to ring the vehicle from anywhere though... your idea sounds like a good one.....

Comment

If I were to put an alarm with remote start on my car, thats a manual, It would always have to be in neutral them, thats the only thing?

And how in the world do the things know how long to crank to start a car?

Comment

compustar has a version specifically designed for a manual trans car... it requires you to do a reservation mode each time you park to ensure the car is in neutral... it's real simple & after a few days it becomes second nature, but if you come home **** drunk one night & forget the car in gear... it won't start

it knows it's started by the tach signal... 2-300rpm is cranking... 600 & up is running... as an example.

Comment

Working...
                              X