Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two backwards mounted 12's, but won't to save space!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two backwards mounted 12's, but won't to save space!!

Hi guys,

I’m pritty new here and to the world of modifying cars. However I am very enthusiastic especially when it come to custom building for loud things..hehe.

Anyways, over the next few months after Christmas I am hoping two buy a Peugeot 306 Mk2 and two Pioneer TSW-3004 SPL subs. I want two make two fibreglass enclosures behind both of the wheel arches in the boot (or trunk to you yanks), and of course they have to be mounted backwards. Just to make things easier.

However, and it is a big however, I want as much boot space as possible.

Was wondering if you guys had any advice on space saving and some pics.

Thanks guy.
    Come on Peugeot....I want to fill you with noise!

Ditch the spare and glass into the spare wheel well to gain extra enclosure space.
    In my car I have fired a single 12 upwards into the bootlid using this method. Except I retained the spare.

This photo was taken before I glassed up the inside of the spare.
    2004 Ford Falcon XR6

Comment

before you buy the subs, take a look at the enclosure size required for each. I think it is entirely possible that you could cut about half the space you're talking about using and still have the same amount of bass given the correct driver with the correct enclosure. Sealed enclosures are the smallest so you should seek out a subwoofer that is designed for such.
      Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
      Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
      Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

I've built something similar to what's Bob talking about, minus the fiberglass...
        Click here to view.
        For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
        Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
        Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

I've built something similar
          hehehe, toilet

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
            hehehe, toilet
            Oh ****, not again!
            For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
            Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
            Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

why are you set on the pioneers? why reverse mounted?
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I'd guess because he thinks inverse mounting a small woofer like that will save enclosure space when the opposite is true.

Comment

well, theoretically it saves the air space that the basket takes up.

And if you don't have a lot of depth in a certain area but you have a lot of width, it would make sense...

But you're not saving actual trunk space by doing this at all...perhaps that what you meant by opposite being true shadow?
                  Jan Bennett
                  FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

or... it just looks cool

Comment

Thats the one!

Just like the way it looks to be honest.

Thanks for your help guys. Keep the advise coming!

Comment

Well, if you're worried about trunk space that means you're putting stuff in your car. The rear of a sub is just as vulnerable if not more vulnerable to damage than the front and wouldn't really be possible to make a grille for.

Comment

^^X2, you're not exactly saving much space by putting the magnet facing the other way... by having it at an odd angle (Standing upright or whatnot) it will actually make it harder to put things in and take things out and as Shadow says above it will be more prone to damaging the sub

Comment

The only reason i'm want to put the subs in backwards is because I like the way it looks, bloody teenagers a? And i’m need the space for a remote control plane wing so if anything’s is going to get damaged it will be that. I don’t really that much space but I just thought the more I can save the more I will have if I need it.

Thanks for you help though guys, really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                            X