Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Lamps

well it's that time again, gotta finish project cold to work in the garage

so i am trying to get few heatlamps, i found few 90w -120w lamps in the home depot, put in the fixture, well on enough burn i guess

then i did some search, people recommend infrared lamps, and i found a lot of them out there, and having do i dea how many watts i need i decided to ask you guys

Thanks,

Yev
    R. T. F. M

depends on what kinda pieces you plan on curing and what finish if your just looking for small parts You can run a 1500w setup.

Comment

is there any alternative to heat lamps, that draw less energy

i got kicked out by my condominium association for indericting killing my neighbors from fumes in the parking garage.

my friend is going on vacation, so will let me use his garage for 2 weeks, his garage has only 20 amp curcuit

Yev
      R. T. F. M

Comment

what are you trying to cure exactly?

Comment

resin, cause its like 39-45 degrees in his garage or 5-11 Celcius

resin would not cure properly

Yev
          R. T. F. M

Comment

you might try laying up some insulation around your garage... if you can target the more troublesome spots like the garage door or exposed concrete, you might be able to raise your ambient air temps a few degrees. that way you don't need as much heat lamp power, and you don't have to worry about heating your FG projects too much or unevenly.
            Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
            Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
            Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

well, i live in the condo, and my friend left on vacation for 2 weeks, and let me use his garage

Yev
              R. T. F. M

Comment

I wouldnt recommend using lamps directly on what you are trying to cure but rather try to raise the temperature of garage itself. You will get better results that way, that isnt to say that you cant use lamps, you just might get hotspots which will make your work harder for you.

Comment

try building a type of box/oven out of some type of insulation with heat lamp(s) directed into it. That way you are paying to heat the entire garage but rather a small area to get the same job done

Comment

Originally posted by Namor View Post
                    try building a type of box/oven out of some type of insulation with heat lamp(s) directed into it. That way you are paying to heat the entire garage but rather a small area to get the same job done
                    i might to dat, something that you can assemble, in minutes, and dissassemble , held with clamps or something
                    R. T. F. M

Comment

I just used a decent space heater with a fan. I put the space heater about 2 feet from the curing piece. I was curing Epoxy resin this way at about your temperatures.

Comment

go get the latest caraudio magazine issue. they have a how to on exaxtly what you're trying to do
                        New System in progress:
                        M10k
                        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Working...
                        X