2002 qx4 with navi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 qx4 with navi

I bought this car a year ago and the navi works good but i wanted a carputer, with this navi it's CD based and only cover a few states. so, I wanted the whole US on it. With this factory system this navi comes with the AC controls built in so here is what i did.

This is the factory unit, I'll have to keep the navi and 4x4 controls the radio will go and the rest of stuff.
    Attached Files

after fabrication
    Attached Files

Comment

and computer.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice work. Was wondering where you put the 4x4 control but near the key?

Comment

It fit well next to the keys and i don't have to cut any wires.

Comment

I'm having problems watching any videos or dvd in my car, I played it from a dvd drive and have a VIA EPIA MII12000 board. The video keeps sticking. I tried it with Streetdeck and Media player. Any help please...............

Comment

Wow, that looks really clean. Did you custom fiberglass that project yourself? Wat are the specs of the carputer? How much did u overall spend?

I own a 2001 Infiniti QX4.

dB

Comment

Thank you, I did the bezel myself, its the factory unit i cut and fabricate. for the computer, I baught everything from mp3car.com and its a M212000 mobo one gig memory, cd burner, creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card, bluetooth, gps receiver, 60 gig HD for OS and other programs and 500 Gig for external storage, SD software, 8" MP3car touch screen monitor, 108 MBPS Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter and a bluetooth keyboard. also, four speakers, two subs and two amps. It all cost below $2000. this is my first project and its first time using fiberglass. let me know if you have any questions, i'll help with whatever i can.

Comment

jeez your carputer was more than my desktop lol. install looks good though.
                  Are you 2x? Because I want to integrate you from 10 to 13!

Comment

no....no...no... that include four speakers, two subs and two amps.

Comment

Fantastic installation/fabrication

Do you have in-progress pictures ??
                      OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                      Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                      Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                      BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                      M2-ATX Power Supply
                      RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                      Windows XP SP3

Comment

sorry, the only pictures i have are my two subs enclosures.
                        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=90437&page=4

Comment

Hey man, my 01 QX4 doesn't have the navi but I have the other version. I want something custom with my dash, is it possible if you can help me?

Comment

sure, let know what you have in mind and i'll do my best to help.

Comment

I would put my computer where you placed yours but I would like to put my amp there. I like your set up my mother has an 01 QX4 and my father has a 97 lol yeah we have two. They are great vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X