How do I fill in the gaps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I fill in the gaps?

Whats the best way to finish this off? I need to fill in the gaps around the keyboard and touch pad. Do I just have to add bondo and cut away the excess? I want it to be more flush than what I'll end up with by doing that. The edges of the pad and keyboard are rounded. Caulk?

I have a lot more sanding to do but this is what I have so far

I going to end up painting this an off silver, do you think I'll have a problem if I tape off the screen and paint the touch pad....or could I paint the pad too?...or would it ruin the feel of the pad?
    Car-mada-puter Epia MII12000, 40gig HD, 512mb ram, Morex 3688 case, M1-atx and XP Pro.

can you pop the touchpad and keyboard out of their bezels and blend them in like you would a touchscreen to a dash bezel? if you can, check turbocad6's sticky on how to make a trim bezel and pay attention to what materials he uses. That could be your answer.
    Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
    Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
    Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Didn't think about that. Keyboard is easy, I have to find a tiny star bit to get the pad apart though. Thanks, if nothing else I can color match the whole thing with out having to tape things up.
      Car-mada-puter Epia MII12000, 40gig HD, 512mb ram, Morex 3688 case, M1-atx and XP Pro.

Comment

Is it just a regular little Torx bit? i bet they have those at lowes/home depot, or even auto supply stores.

Comment

Originally posted by GoHybrid View Post
          Is it just a regular little Torx bit? i bet they have those at lowes/home depot, or even auto supply stores.
          yes #6....the back comes off but the circuit board is glued to the front piece. Not a huge deal I just taped it all of and put some liquid nails on the back side in a few spots to hold them in place. I'm down to the fine details now which will either make it look like a first attempt or something that actually gets installed.

Comment

well keep up the good work and post some pics when you're done!

Comment

Working...
            X