Jimmys Digital Dash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmys Digital Dash

i need yalls help in trying to figure out if i could fit a old jimmys digital dash into my 94 4runner?

i think you're going to need to supply some more information... pictures are worth a kiloword. Here's what i'd suggest: post a picture of this "digital dash", and post a picture of your 4runner where you want the dash to go. Then give us a better description of what you want to do with it once it's in there. Then people can help you better.
    Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
    Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
    Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by GoHybrid View Post
      pictures are worth a kiloword.

oh, and
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

The Jimmy dash would look something like this:

Comment

you would have to modify the dash extensively for it to just fit.. and then of course you would have to do extensive wiring changes for it to work...

do you really like the digital dash that much that you would go through all that trouble??

I would rather spend the money on getting a newer car....
          Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

hey man, back in the day, when digital clusters first came out, I used to do conversions... I've put an 84 corvette dig into a 83 riviera & I've put a 88 Beretta dash cluster in a trans am... those are the two that come to mind right now... I've done a few others too...

it's not that hard, but can be a little tricky if your vehicle isn't compatible with certain things... for example the speed signal will probably be compatible, the tach will if there both 6 cyl's, the fuel gauge uses a certain resistance range from full to empty, so you have to check there both the same... temp & oil pressure readings may require swapping our sender units... the rest is just figuring out the wiring, high beam indicator, turn indicators, warning lamps etc...

as far as physically fitting it, & making it look finished & not butchered, that's all dependant on your fabrication skills I guess...
            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

look at dakota digital (dakotadigital.com i think) for a dig dash, guaranteed to fit and work properly

expensive, but easier than hacking up something trying to get it to fit

bdr

Comment

most of the time, unless it's a rod or something, they look cheap...

a factory cluster swap really is a cool way to go..., maybe I'm just partial because I've done it before with amazing results.... you had to see the look on peoples face when they saw a then pretty new riviera convertable, with that multi colored corvette cluster in it... the impact was very high on that one...., I also did one of those corvette clusters in a 79 camaro... sweet I tell you

now, I'm more into building a custom gauge panel with an lcd in it, but a digital swapout is still not as rediculous as you guys make it sound, & if done nice, can be real sweet

it's really not that hard to do either.....

Comment

If you can physically swap the 2, how about the electrical part?
                  With the way you posting the question, I may suggest you scrap the idea. And if you still want to do it, look up other Toyota model that has digital dash to put it in your runner. Electronically, between Toyotas has better match than a GM to Toyota (unless it is a Prizm to corrola or Vibe to Matrix.)
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                    most of the time, unless it's a rod or something, they look cheap...
                    Yep.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

matrixpc is right, in the fact that a toyota cluster will have a higher chance of compatability in it's interface... that's why I usually went gm into gm... if I was doing a ford, then I'd look for a ford cluster, but I've put an lsc cluster in a monte.... for the most part, if you really know what your doing, you may be able to do the gm into toyota though, would take more research to say for sure...

Comment

http://www.nordskogperformance.net/p...nels/page2.htm

Comment

check out www.yotatech.com (when the server is up of course)

they will be able to help you alot more as they specialize in this kinda stuff. just let em know i sent ya. and ill probably end up finding your thread if you post one.
                          1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
                          Pictures
                          Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

FWIW, I used to be into S10s BIGTIME, and there were always issues with those digital gauges they used in the S10/Sonoma/Bravada trucks. It was considered a relatively rare occasion if you had a fully functioning one beyond 100K miles or so, and they cost a fortune to get repaired.

I second the idea of using something like the Dakota Digital setups.

Comment

Originally posted by urbex View Post
                              It was considered a relatively rare occasion if you had a fully functioning one beyond 100K miles or so, and they cost a fortune to get repaired.
                              Mine must be rare then. Note milage in picture above. That was a couple years ago and it's still running well as my daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X