Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New hole in my bumper (what should I do?)...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New hole in my bumper (what should I do?)...

I backed into a wall last week and produced the hole that you see in the attached photos.

What should I do with that hole? Do you think I can put a camera there with a little fiberglass work?

I don't know.

Matthew07
    Attached Files
    KitLink Power!
    CarLink coming soon!

That's a big hole!

I think a camera would be at a bad angle. I am not sure you can really do much with it.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Unless you want a really stupid looking bumper, I wouldn't put a camera there.

Comment

put it this way, if the hole wasn't there, you'd have not wanted to put anything there
        Current:
        [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
        [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Ouch. Maybe a backup sensor? I'd just patch it. Maybe a bumper sticker.
          Mike

My Rides:
          '03 Vibe GT!

My AED GA!

Comment

Go for the humor and shove a stuffed Elmo in the hole or something...
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by PontiacGA View Post
              Ouch. Maybe a backup sensor? I'd just patch it. Maybe a bumper sticker.
              dam i was going to say that..
              i will have to think of something else whitty
              View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Smoke screen generator (like James Bond might have.)
                ~Jimmy

Comment

How about a couple of these:
                  http://www.bumperstickermagnet.com/band-aid.html
                  But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
                  Originally posted by Viscouse
                  I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
                  eegeek.net

Comment

hey man, a new bumper cover for this from nissan is $215.80 list... it would cost well over $100 just to fix that hole & probably not worth repairing seeing as it'll be a weak area & easily suceptible to cracking afterwards

all these prices are not including painting the bumper or R&I 'ing it, which might be up to another $300 or so

so in the end were talking around $450 repaired or $515 replaced.... not worth repairing really
                    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

yea ide just leave it for now (ide do the elmo idea) and just check the junkyards localy and wait for a car of your same color to pop up that got creamed in the side by a f350...then buy that cars rear bumper and tadah! haha

Comment

yeap, definatley the cheapest way out is a used bumper in color... if you have the time & patience to find one

Comment

Which is why i love how my expedition has crome bumpers, when i was rear ended, the Insurance company cut me a $800 check for the replacement of the bumper, i was able to find one for $120. And then i went to a really nice restaurant after i mounted the bumper.

Comment

plastic bumpers suck, but there good for business

Comment

Ride a bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X