Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hard drive mounting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hard drive mounting

    back a few years ago most carputer installations involved mounting the hard drive vertically. now i see mostly all the installs on this site with the hard drive mounted horizontally. i am wondering what is the way to go? or does it even matter?!

  • #2
    It's debatable, both sides of the argument have intuitive sounding reasoning. Just mount it however fits your needs best.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by o45739 View Post
      back a few years ago most carputer installations involved mounting the hard drive vertically. now i see mostly all the installs on this site with the hard drive mounted horizontally. i am wondering what is the way to go? or does it even matter?!
      That is a debate that will never end.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?



      Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

        Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hard drives are cheap, so just mount it however you want, and when it dies... get a bigger one

          2006 Mazda 3
          Behringer DCX-2496
          JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
          JL500/1 JL10w6v2

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dennis5587 View Post
            Hard drives are cheap, so just mount it however you want, and when it dies... get a bigger one
            Interesting thought.... Have you had a drive fail in the car?
            TruckinMP3
            D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

            Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

            Read the FAQ!

            Comment


            • #7
              actually... yes, kinda but it was a little iffy to begin with.

              ps it was mounted horrizontally

              2006 Mazda 3
              Behringer DCX-2496
              JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
              JL500/1 JL10w6v2

              Comment


              • #8
                and after checking your sig... i feel i should also mention that i replaced it (it was a 3.5") with a 2.5", and mounted it vertically i got into a pretty bad accidnet where it was thrown around a bit, and it was fine

                ...actually the music never stopped playing the whole time, lol

                2006 Mazda 3
                Behringer DCX-2496
                JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
                JL500/1 JL10w6v2

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dennis5587 View Post
                  and after checking your sig... i feel i should also mention that i replaced it (it was a 3.5") with a 2.5", and mounted it vertically i got into a pretty bad accidnet where it was thrown around a bit, and it was fine

                  ...actually the music never stopped playing the whole time, lol
                  I hope you are OK. The cars and PCs are easy to replace compared to the people.
                  TruckinMP3
                  D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

                  Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

                  Read the FAQ!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yeah I was fine, but the car was totaled , figures it was just 3 days after finnishing my fiberglassed sub box enough to put in the car (needed to be carpeted/painted)... so basically 2 months work, for 2 days of listening and experience for a life time

                    Yeah, I got a Mazda 3 now (and she was perfectly fine too, but her nice 2002 Saab 9.3 convertable was totalled also)

                    2006 Mazda 3
                    Behringer DCX-2496
                    JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
                    JL500/1 JL10w6v2

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X