question about a custom bezel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about a custom bezel

How much would it cost to buy a custom made bezel for my 2002 mercury mountaineer? It would just have to have a 7" lilliput where the radio use to be. I did it myself and it looks pretty good but it doesnt look OEM . If i could have a little thing that pulls down to cover it that would be sweet to. But i have no idea where i would even go about looking to buy one of these. So if someone could help me out that would be great, everyone here has been so helpful so far.

Honestly just follow my directions its the same car. I actually just bought a new dash at a junkyard for 25.00 to replace the one that I am using to fabricate with. You are not going to be able to find a custom made bezel unless you do it yourself.
    CarPC - 90% Complete -Finally almost all done!

http://http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabrication/97197-first-time-fab-2003-ford-explorer-please-help-lot-pictures.html

Comment

lame i was hoping there was some place i could buy one

Comment

if you could buy one.... it wouldnt but custom then would it?

Comment

Originally posted by VPrime View Post
          if you could buy one.... it wouldnt but custom then would it?

Comment

In the classified forums I saw some guy who is offering to do customs bezels from some state that starts with a M. Basically you pay shipping and parts plus $100.

I think he said he was on vacation in February though. Some of his stuff looks good. Did a civic bezel I believe.

Look there.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84724

Comment

That's the guy
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

most local install places will do this type of work but te prices range from "boy that seems cheap" to "that'll be your left nut sir!".

Check out the yellow pages for a local shop.

cheers

bj

Comment

I am a car audio fabricator and like was mentioned it can be from 1-6 hundred dollars depending on what it is and how skilled the person is.

problem is a lot of installers want to try to build your bezel but the only experience they have is the internet.

Most of the techniques on the internet(99%) do not last in the long run.
                    they break or crack, you get the thing built and it looks good, but for how long.

I could build bezels for people but I dont do it cheap it usually takes me a day
                    sometimes if its larger 2, but I usually charge a days wages wich is usually 4-500 dollars. If you need something simple I could work with it but with S&H of large dash pieces you would be better off going to the local car audio fabricator.

just make sure you see some of his work people love to talk, I work with 3 other guys who have no clue, car audo techs who are good have dropped off significantly, they even state it in the mags. Ive been doing it for 12 yrs and the I only know of 3 good installers and 1 I trained, sad.

Comment

Custom fab is just that. Custom. Expect to pay out the wazoo for something that will last. I know I would want the thing that lasts the longest, but knowing me I will buy the cheapest there is and use it until it is completely destroyed and buy another one as long as it is cheap.

Comment

Working...
                      X