FV24 Floppy error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FV24 Floppy error

Just starting putting everything together after alot of collecting and i have come across this error when starting the system - "floppy disk error press f1 to continue or del for setup"
    I wonder if it is possible to overide this - pressing f1 or del did not work. The system is a fv24 with 500 celeron 64 mb ram 10gig WD Hard drive, DVDrom and Mucha PS. The shuttle website was no help, neither was the manual.

Thanks

Do you have a floppy drive? If so, then the cable is in backwards or the power connector is not plugged in.

If not, set the floppy option in the BIOS to "None" and disable the floppy controller.
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

I do have a floppy but I dont want to install one in the system, I cant get past the error message to disable to Floppy in the Bios. Is it not reading the keyboard possibly? for me to push del or f1? Any ideas?

Comment

Connect one temporarily so you can get into the BIOS and disable it, then take it out...If that doesn't work, try a different keyboard.
        Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
        Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
        "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Working...
        X