IR Receiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR Receiver

Instead of paying the $35 for the IRMan I was looking into building my won IR receiver. I found these plans which seem ok but I can't find the modules, anyone have any ideas on where to get them?
    http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/remote/
    http://www.detz.net/detzbmw.jpg

you'd better go with the IRman because these receivers take up CPU and are not acurate...
    I built one eveen tough most of the people on this forum warned me. Each time I pressed the same buton on my tv remote control the receiver picked up a difrent code and that SUCKS!

i think you should be going with the IRman .if I were You but still try making it it might wok for you

i tested it on a sony vaio rx-540 with 256mbram winXP and 1.2ghz celeron
    Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Comment

I forgot to mention that if you could make one of those that require a eprom it would be as good as the IRMan because the Eprom would be making all the calculations and not the PC
      Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Comment

yeah go the IRman, and may the force be with you...
        Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

If you are having trouble with the cost of an IRman.
          Have a look at Home-Electro .

There Ira works perfectly with Girder and other IR programs I tried, plus a Universal remote control that I chose to use.

And prices are listed in Canadian $, so they are even cheaper than you first think.

Took two weeks to arrive, to the UK, and worked perfectly.
          4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

I'm wondering if anyone makes a universal car stereo remote yet. With all the CD Chaners, recievers, and TV tuners out there someone should be cashing in on this market.

Comment

Working...
            X