Linear Actuator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linear Actuator

Anyone know where I can purchase a small linear actuator. For relatively cheap. i need it to lift up my screen.

A good place to start would be here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&threadid=3580

Else, try "linear actuator" on Google or eBay.
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Heh, small, cheap, and linear actuator are generally things that dont go together. I looked into them for another computer related project, and the one I wanted, that extended 6 or 8 inches was 14" long, and was $400. If you do find such a thing, let us know, the cost was overly prohibitive at the time (a year or so ago).
      -Nick

Comment

oi.. I put this idea in.. I didn't realize these things were so expensive.. My only dealings with them are in situations where my money wasn't involved
        aka Kumaneko
        "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
        Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
        mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
        Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

there is a similar thread in the buy-sell fourms, where someone had a tremendous idea: how about a electric radio antenna? Might take a little work, but might do the trick for you....

Comment

i dont know where your screen will be in your car but i am going to be mounting a rear screen for display purposes and i'm using a power window motor with the track to do it.

but i really like the power antenna motor idea also.
            99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

Working...
            X