Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandisk CF 5000 Coming soon!

http://www.digitonium.net/temp/cf5000.ppt

Since the acquisition of M-Systems, the CF 5000 was nowhere to be found. Well Sandisk has branded this product, and the specs are even better. A brochure is in the works, so I'll try to post whatever info becomes available. I am told only Extended Temp cards are available at the moment, but I have not received pricing info from the salesman yet.

Well those are going to be expensive

Too bad they're not as fast as the extreme IV cards, though

Comment

The most notable feature of this card besides ruggedness and UDMA66 is the fact you can get these cards in FIXED DISK mode. This probably what I need to get rid of the BSoD after installing nVidia's IDE drivers. With the nVidia IDE drivers, drive performance improves very much. On a cheapy 4GB hard drive, I managed to get XP to boot up so fast the scrollbar didn't get to scroll.

Comment

I've emailed SanDisk multiple times but they haven't gotten back to me yet... any distributors?
        EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
        Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
        OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
        Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
        BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
        VoomPC 2

Comment

Avnet is 214-553-4300
          Arrow is 972-380-6464

Avnet does not sell to end users, and I'm not sure about Arrow. There's another distributer for Sandisk for my area, but I forgot the name.

Comment

I contacted the distributor that sold me the uDOC....Last I checked they still didn't have the CF 5000 though...
            EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
            Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
            OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
            Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
            BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
            VoomPC 2

Comment

Chances are your distributer will start carrying the CF 5000 assuming they carry Sandisk products as well. Just give it another week or so till we can get pricing for these cards.

Much of the delay is from Sandisk taking over, so I guess they quickly halted the M-Systems CF 5000 release. I noticed the specs for the Sandisk CF card is different compared to M-Systems.

A similar rugged CF card from Silicon Systems average 6MB/s R/W, but runs in PIO mode. The cards are pricey, and it's about $400 for a 2GB card if I recall correctly.

Comment

Working...
              X