Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay $75.00 Shipped - MINI ITX / 128MB RAM / 1.3GHZ Celeron CPU

Hey all,

Nice little deal going on E-Bay right now. I just bought one of these to play with, and thought I'd share with ya'll.

They have 11 available (now), auction ends tomorrow but I'm pretty sure they'll relist the whatever unsold boards they have when it ends.

Link is posted below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5551&rd=1&rd=1

* 1.3Ghz Intel Celeron processor
    * Intel i810e chipset
    * VGA / TV out
    * 1 x 9-pin RS-232
    * 2 x USB
    * 1 x 56K Softmodem
    * 1 x parallel printer port
    * mic / headphone jacks for built-in sound
    * 10/100 ethernet
    * 2 x firewire
    * infrared
    * PS2 style keyboard/mouse ports
    * 1 x MIDI port
    * 1 x IDE interface w/ 2.5" laptop drive bay
    * 128MB PC133 RAM
    * tripod-like mounting bracket

Hows this for a carputer? Anyone have any thoughts or input?
    Working on - 2006 Cadillac Escalade with all the TOYS!

COMPLETE! - 2002 Cadillac DTS - Summer 2008 - SOLD SUMMER 2010

COMPLETE! - 1998 Cadillac Deville Concours - Summer 2007 - SOLD SUMMER 2008

That looks hella proprietary on the inside. But if you are going the inverter route, seems ok for the price.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Uses SDRAM. That's gonna be kinda sloooow
      <SOLD>
      ATi RS485 AMD S939 Venice 2GHz (Yes, I had a A64 in my car!)

CURRENT
      Jetway J7F3E-PB Geode NX1750, 512M, 120G 2.5" SATA HDD, Sony slim combo drive, Lilliput 7"touchscreen, 60G external WD, GPS, WiFi, mini-keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by Gortok View Post
        Uses SDRAM. That's gonna be kinda sloooow
        I was thinking about throwing in 1 x 256MB Ram, would that make it acceptable for carpc?

Comment

For a CarPC, yeah that is fine. Just don't expect miracles. It will do your music, gps and video. YOu are going to be lumped in with the epia people power wise such as myself, so no flash skins, and no HD video, dual monitor sort of thing.
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

2k1Toaster, thanks for the tips.

I don't intend on using a flash skin or HD movies, but will the flash skin logos (like the one on DigitalFx RR Skin) present a significant problem?

Cool to be part of a lump! Thanks again!

Comment

I use the spinning Honda logo is BMV2 skin, and it is fine. Small flash things are ok, but you have to remember that my via board is the equivalent of a 700Mhz P3 in terms of processing power. So anything you could do 8 years ago, will be fine.

Comment

Where does that put me power wise?
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3 View Post
                  Where does that put me power wise?
                  I think your computer generates power like a hamster!

If you can get away with a 300a, then good for you... I only have 2 computers slower than that in my house... ANd I have a lot of computers! Old and new...

God damned "Autopost will be merged"... This is my least favourite thing to happen since Rep Club!

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                    I think your computer generates power like a hamster!

If you can get away with a 300a, then good for you... I only have 2 computers slower than that in my house... ANd I have a lot of computers! Old and new...
                    My first set up was a P200MMX

Plays music just fine ... Hamster power!
                    TruckinMP3
                    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post

God damned "Autopost will be merged"... This is my least favourite thing to happen since Rep Club!
                      haha, did that to me the other day.
                      Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

I am pretty happy with this lil' fella, and ordered a few more

Basically, was 5 min hardware setup out of the box! Everything worked like a charm, PERFECT for a carPC. I hooked up a 2.5" 40gb HD, USB Keyboard, USB Slim CD/DVD, PS2 Mouse, Ethernet cable and an LCD projector and plugged it in to the 18v power cord. Voila, fan kicked on and bios was projected on the wall at about 45" diagonal

XP and Office 2000 installed and updated no problem. The reason I put in office was because I was in a hotel room preparing for 7 hours of lecturing the next day on my laptop and I had a crazy idea...

I set it up this PC on the AV cart, with just my wireless presenter remote, USB mini optical mouse and the LCD plugged into the VGA port. Powered her up and ran PowerPoint presentations all day long on that thing! Not even a glitch.

As a matter of fact, one of the courses I do is on Computer Vision Syndrome (funny, right?) , so I had Road Runner with the DFX Skin / Caddy logo clock projected on the screen as everybody milled on in.

People kept coming up on breaks and asking me, is that your computer? I told them yep, and in a few weeks it's gonna be in my car, and that blue thing you saw on the way in, that's going to display on a touch screen!

I did order a few sticks of 256MB Ram, just to give it a little reserve. It was down to about 30% free with RR, iTunes and PP running, which still wasn't bad, but for $22.00 a stick, I did OK.

I think one of these PCs is going to be my travel computer now, smaller and lighter than a laptop, twice as cool. TSA might bust my balls at airport security though.

Comment

I'm actually useing that exact same computer in my truck. Besides upgrading the hard drive to 120gb, I've had no problems. I'm running MediaEngine with iGuidance V3. have around 90gb of music, An XMPCR and wireless interrnet. It seems to run everything fine. The only negitive thing I have to say about it is its only USB 1.0. So I do see a little lag on my USB devices. Its actually a little faster to move massive amounts of data through the network.

IF I upgrade, It will be only to get the USB 2.0 being I use the crap out of it. Other than that, I couldn't be happier. I'm also running it off a 150 watt fan cooled inverter from vector. You can pick them up in most walmarts and simular stores. It actually plugs into the cigerett lighter, But I have to direct wired and extended the on and off switch to one on my dash.
                          It's not what you buy............It's what you build

Comment

Working...
                          X