Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB light

USB light scematics !!!REALLY EASY!!!
    Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

ummm, why?
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

perhaps to find home when you walk through the park with your notebook at midnight *g*

No its good idea !
      =>> Carpc Version2 -- Epia M 10K based<<=
      ::Epia M10k,7"VGA/40GB2.5",GPS,Opus90W ::
      ::trying to build second low cost carpc::
      ::Automp3.de :: CAR= Renault Clio2 - 2 seats 1.9D

Comment

Dunno. But if I could figure out how to build an RS-232 or USB relay controller I would. It would be wicked to turn on the CCT's I'm putting in my system.

Comment

Why you ask???

This could be used as an easy way of showing whether your system is on or not without having to extend the LED's from the MOBO... so that if you need to take out the system for repair, you just unplug the USB cable. As far as I know it won't be passing any power to light the LED if the power is off.
          Josh Karger
          By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Skippman
            Dunno. But if I could figure out how to build an RS-232 or USB relay controller I would. It would be wicked to turn on the CCT's I'm putting in my system.
            weeeeeelllllllll....
            I have a PARALLEL relay controller for sale
            I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

How many relays?

Does it have software?

HOW MUCH?

Comment

8 relays, software I wrote, $50 shipped
                I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Sir, you just might have a buyer!

Comment

It was suposed to be for a laptop as a night light but as they said it could be used as an indicator light or as any power source you want it could turn on a relay or something as the computer turns on
                    Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Comment

Anyone else notice that it's missing a resistor?
                      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Not necessarily, some LEDs have them built in. The LED is marked as a 5v led after all.

Rob
                        Old Systems retired due to new car
                        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Aron I needed you to help me turn it into a power plug for my palm I'm sick of buying batteries and using my palm infront of my computer @%@#^%&

what should i add to the black and red wires
                          my palm uses 2 X1.5 AAA batteries.

Comment

i would also like to add a led and maibee eveen turn into a palm charger but since the palm III was'nt made for recvharging i would have to add other things....

I suck in electronics when it comes to soldering things other then 2 wires together....

Comment

Kensington allready has a USB light for some time now. I have 2 of them for my notebook.

http://www.kensington.com/products/pro_c1448.html

If you look they also have a USB fan to cool you off. I'll need that since my car and I are so hot.
                              SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                              GPSing - Digital Speedo
                              Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
                              Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Working...
                              X