What can u use PCI slot for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can u use PCI slot for?

So I am curious, most the things you would put into a PCI slot you can do w/ USB.

So what would u use a PCI slot for... besides the obvious video card?

ummm.... everything?!

And the advantage over USB is internal, and higher bandwith, and usually better devices.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Yeah I get that, I meen im figuring 2 pci slots for Video Card and TV tuner or a combo. But I am just curious if there is anything that is STRICTLY pci that isnt USB ?

(I am more curious as to what they havent been able to make into USB yet)

Comment

I don't think I have seen a full sized bluetooth PCI card... But that is not because they can't, it is because who would want that?! They have bluetooth and bluetooth/wlan combo's in mini-pci format...

Other than that, I have seen everything in both formats at one time or another.

ALso there are usb-->pci adapters, and of course pci-->usb adapters, so I think that pretty much covers everything.
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Originally posted by Blacryan View Post
          Yeah I get that, I meen im figuring 2 pci slots for Video Card and TV tuner or a combo. But I am just curious if there is anything that is STRICTLY pci that isnt USB ?
          RAID controllers.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
            RAID controllers.
            There are USB harddrive units that have 4 drives in a RAID sequence. THerefore there must be a RAID controller somewhere along the USB line.

If you were to crack one of those open you would get yourself a USB RAID controller. An expensive one, but it would work...

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
              There are USB harddrive units that have 4 drives in a RAID sequence. THerefore there must be a RAID controller somewhere along the USB line.

If you were to crack one of those open you would get yourself a USB RAID controller. An expensive one, but it would work...
              Well I'll be damned.

Ummmm....... It's too early in the morning for this ****.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacryan View Post

(I am more curious as to what they havent been able to make into USB yet)

I dont think theyve made a usb video card yet? HMMM, would be interesting if they have...
                MY INSTAllS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

Comment

Originally posted by david69leonard View Post
                  I dont think theyve made a usb video card yet? HMMM, would be interesting if they have...
                  yup they have those too: http://www.usbgear.com/USB-Video-Card.html

Comment

Working...
                  X