Bios not detecting IDE Drives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios not detecting IDE Drives

I keep getting a BIOS error when trying to detect my IDE drives. The error goes as follows:

Detecting IDE drives Ö
    IDE Channel 2 Master: None

Warning: The boot devices have been changed.
    BBS boot priority will be affected. Please enter setup to check.

Iím using the special morex cable that came with the Morex 3688 box. It has a laptop HD connection on one end, a regular IDE connection in the middle and the mobo IDE connection on the other end. The hard drive is connected to one end and the slimline cd drive is connected to the middle. The other end of the cable is connected to IDE 1 of SP13000 motherboard.

Hard Drive Settings
    : : : : : : : : : : : : * : : : : : : : : : -- : :

(The asterisk is a singular pin on top, and the dashes are just space)
    Pin number 1 is top right pin before dashes and is connected to red pin 1 on the end of the morex cable HD connection. According to the following link, in order to set the hard drive as master no jumpers are used. Iíve tried this with no jumpers (master) and as cable select (jumpers B and D).
    Link

Motherboard Settings
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    - -
    * -
    The asterisk is pin 1 and is connected to the red pin 1 on the other end of the morex cable.

Slimline CD Settings
    : : : : : : : : : . : : : : : : : : : :

. . . . - - - - . . . .

Pin 1 in the upper portion is the lower left pin and is connected to the middle connection of the Morex cable. The power is connected to the lower 4 pins of the bottom portion. I didnít know which set of pins are for jumpers so I didnít set any. However, the problem still persists when I donít attach the CD drive, meaning I get the same error message.

Check your bios settings and give boot priority to IDE channel1 master (this should be the default setting anyway). Connect the Hdd alone to IDE 1. Connect the Slimeline cd to IDE channel 2. Slimline drives are sometimes biased internally to be the Master and therefore cannat be installed on the same IDE cable as the HDD unless you are prepared to set the HDD as the slave drive. Also remember the master device on IDE 1 ususally has boot priority.

Comment

Have you hooked up the power for the laptop drive? Usually there is a molex connector on the IDE cable.
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Working...
      X