PCI & ITX-PV Super Slim ITX Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI & ITX-PV Super Slim ITX Case

Is there anyway to get a normal PCI card to fit the ITX-PV Super Slim ITX Case. Im planning on getting a VIA EPIA Mini-ITX mobo which has a PCI card. I notice the case is only 2.5" tall and a PCI card seems 3-4 inches tall. I saw somewhere rightangle PCI adapters. Are these possible for this system (I want to put in my PCI TV card)?

At least with my case, I don't believe so, at least without some serious case modification. You'd have to remove the case fan, relocate the power supply connector, and cut a huge hole in the case for it to even possibly work with a riser. The case is designed for a low-profile card.

Also, you might want to try a search in the forums- I think some of the people with this case are working with a USB -> ISA adapter, but that may be just my imagination.

Comment

i can let u know when i get my case next week. i have right angle adapter.

Comment

It won't work unless you remove the fan and make some alterations..

What are ou planning on adding that isn't already there?
        aka Kumaneko
        "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
        Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
        mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
        Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

i removed the fan and cut out some of that back piece, used a riser i did a slopy job but it works

Comment

Where di you find the 90 degree risers?

I'm having problems finding more.

Thanks...

Mario

Comment

i got mine from ebay

Comment

http://www.adexelec.com/pci32.htm

Comment

Working...
                X