mic problems!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mic problems!

well i bought this mic for my carputer (mac mini running XP tablet edition). So i plug it into my macbook pro to test it out and it doesnt work. Then i hook it up to my mac mini and it doesnt work. Then i try it on a dell at my work and it works perfect. Can some one please tell me why? Its just a normal mic i plug into the mic input.

How do you know it 'doesn't work', what software are you using to test it?

Did you go to the System Preferences > Sound menu and then the Input tab, and adjust the volume?

Comment

Originally posted by Jahntassa View Post
      How do you know it 'doesn't work', what software are you using to test it?

Did you go to the System Preferences > Sound menu and then the Input tab, and adjust the volume?
      i went to System Preferences > Speach > Calibrate (line in). on my mac book pro and on the mac mini i just tried to record something

Comment

Don't know...sounds like a setting if it works on the PC and not on your Macs.

Also, try asking in the MacCar section: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/maccar/

Comment

Dumb question but the mic line isn't muted is it? I know mine on my toshiba laptop (tablet if it makes a difference) is default mute. Unless something is plugged in, it is muted. Just the check box in the volume properties.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
          X