Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My VGA out keeps going distorted !

Hi,

I have some major problems with my carpc. For some reason the output of my video card keeps going distorted. At first the distortion is minimal and i can kinda keep using the pc; but, eventually it becomes too much.

I am using a Jetway C7, 1gb ram, Matrox PCI P650 video card.

I have checked the cpu and system temperature and they are fine. Last time CPU temp was at 45 degrees.

Not sure what is causing this...

Could someone please offer some assistance ?

Thanks,

slevytam

PS: Here is pics of the distortion I am getting

http://www.the10thfloor.com/dsc01078.jpg
    http://www.the10thfloor.com/dsc01079.jpg
    http://www.the10thfloor.com/dsc01080.jpg

I get a server not found on those pics.

Comment

Tried removing the pci card and using the onboard video?
      What makes you so sure it's the video card?
      Any speakers/hdd/rom drives near the screen?

My screen gets distorted if it's too close to the dvd-rom while it's reading on the test bench.

P.S. No luck with those pics either
      I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

Comment

Sorry about the pics not working. I'll fix that this evening.

I haven't tried the onboard video yet but I will as soon as i can. I know its not the lilliput because I have another 6 screens connected through the rca out on the video card and they are all doing the same thing.

Ironically enough I just had the same problem on my work computer today and I took the video card to get tested. It was a bad chip.... I wonder if that was a sign ???

Is there any way to monitor the temperature of a video card ?

Comment

No luck with the pictures either. By distorted do you mean wavy lines running down it type thing? Not solid black lines, but wavy coloured lines like the entire thing has a wave going on inside it?

If that is the case, then you have a strong signal running next to your calble, and unshielded cheap cables are notorious for this. Treat your VGA signal as a speaker cable with respect to the rules for running them next to power lines and such. Think of the distortion as the visual "noise" or "whine" that a speaker gets.

Of course if this is not the problem, then nevermind.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Do you have a GSM cell phone? my monitor drove me crazy for months until i realized that the issues i was having only occurred when i had my cell in its cradle right next to my monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze2112 View Post
              Do you have a GSM cell phone? my monitor drove me crazy for months until i realized that the issues i was having only occurred when i had my cell in its cradle right next to my monitor.
              Hmm really? That is interesting... I got to check this out tonight!
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                Hmm really? That is interesting... I got to check this out tonight!
                i used to think there was something loose in the monitor, and that my poly engine mounts were rattling the crap out of it, but then one day i noticed that when someone called, or texted, or if i went out and back into service the screen would go either into amazing technicolour mode (lots of psychadelic colours man) or blank.

Put my phone in the cupholder ever since, and not a single problem since.

Comment

Can't get the pics either.
                  __________________________________________________ ______
                  What matters most must never be at the mercy of what matters least.

Comment

I am sorry for the late reply. Router Issues. Had to buy a new one.

The pics should work again!

http://www.the10thfloor.com/dsc01078.jpg
                    http://www.the10thfloor.com/dsc01079.jpg
                    http://www.the10thfloor.com/dsc01080.jpg

Comment

Any ideas ????

I know this is going to happen again at the worst possible time....

Comment

Hi I saw your pics, is your v-card mounted tight. I had some what same looking picture with home computer when I would clean the back to get the dust out with a damp cloth it would move it just enough to couse distortion but never hang ofcourseI did'nt realize till re-boot where it then would'nt get any picture. Make sure pins on cord are not bent and all are of equal length just one pushed in can cause anything to BUG..
                        • If you don't get it the first time around, go get seconds..

Comment

Thanks for your reply... I have now i think tried everything to fix this problem.

First I'd like to note that using the onboard video works great... no problems

I have tried replacing the ram, the video card, the video cable, reinstalling all the drivers, disabling the onboard video card in windows...

No luck at all !

Can anyone offer me some suggestions please !

Note: sometimes when I first boot I get this white light that slowly takes over the screen just before POST... Really weird....

Comment

Working...
                          X