Different Types Of Mice (Mouses)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Types Of Mice (Mouses)

Starting the custom console for the 68 chevelle and was going to integrade a touchpad mouse into the console, but I have seen some people using the mouses that look like a nob.... just wondering what the advantage and disadvantage of them are. Thanks

knob like a joystick or knob like a roller?
    '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:
    Design:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 100%
    Fabrication:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]100%
    Installation:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 80%

In trouble...

Comment

either one I believe the one I saw on this site is a roller... someone made it called the iDrive I believe but there are familar ones like it ima see if I can find that post again... just looking at the different options and how they perform

Comment

i believe the correct plural is "meece".

I think a touchpad would be better for a carpc because you just touch the relative spot on the pad where you want the cursor to go. With sticks and trackballs and mice you have pointer acceleration and previous cursor position to contend with. It makes it far less intuitive to get the cursor right to where you need it.
        Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
        Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
        Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

One of the biggest reasons I was thinking of swapping to the knob is for quick scrolling through songs... or is it still pretty easy going through with the keyboard and/or mouse?

Comment

i think it would be pretty easy with a touchpad, definitely with a keyboard. I used a powermate knob for scrolling through songs, and it was actually slower due to the repeat rate than a keyboard. That's why I'm going back.
            Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
            Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
            Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Working...
            X